+ Reply to Thread

Thread: God is an Atheist.

Default God is an Atheist.

Atheism is a lack of belief in god.

Belief consists of a degree of uncertainty about the position believed in.

God is All knowing and thus lacks uncertainty.

Thus god is an Atheist.

Discuss!

Default I Contend

God is Baha'i
    Before the major Abraham-ic religious divisions,
    The people all went to one central place of worship(prayer to the east/Kashbah, Mecca).

God lacking certainty is controversial for me because we can agree that above all things he believes in nature because it preceded mankind, God is a gardener. Any man who is a gardener knows the many variables that establish the way a plant grows is what makes it fun perhaps that's why I feel "degrees of uncertainty" is actually measurable.

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

I do not take any credit for the following:

"I had a Jehovah Witness call at my door. After a bit of discussion I asked if his god believed in a higher power than itself. No, he said, as his god was ďtopĒ. There was nothing above his god, so he was forced to agree that his god didnít get his morals from a higher authority, and didnít get them from a book either. So, I said, we call people who donít believe in a higher authority than themselves, and that donít get their morals from a book, Atheists. I said if Atheism is good enough for god, then itís good enough for me. That flummoxed him."

BBoy T

Quote Originally Posted by The Informer View Post
    Atheism is a lack of belief in god.

Belief consists of a degree of uncertainty about the position believed in.

God is All knowing and thus lacks uncertainty.

Thus god is an Atheist.

Discuss!
    If Atheisim is the lack of beilef in God, then where lies the uncertainty in the Omnipotent,Omniscient and Omnipresent God ? How can God be an atheist and how can an Omnipotent God be flawed with unbelief in Himself ?

So then if in the idiolect of the atheist belief is the acceptance of an idea and atheists believe in the acceptance of the belief that there is NO GOD, then the knowable God can not be an atheist if God Himself beileves in the idea that He is all POWERFUL and the originator of all things inanimate and animate.

The GOD talk again and again and again! Mingling and getting stuck on a word. Poppycock!

If one doesn't know what they are talking about, believers and nonbelievers, they are stuck on words forever. A word like 'God'!

Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    The GOD talk again and again and again! Mingling and getting stuck on a word. Poppycock!

If one doesn't know what they are talking about, believers and nonbelievers, they are stuck on words forever. A word like 'God'!
    lol lol lol lol but seriously ..... im tired of my mind these days and my heart is silent ..... or maybe im just not listening/feeling into the memo from the front office(my heart that is) lol
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Bump!
    Agent Provocateur

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information