+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Halitosis-Some Simple Remedies

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default Halitosis-Some Simple Remedies

Having bad breath or halitosis is an embarrassing situation that can lead to problems in relationships and work. Bad breath develops from the bacteria that are present in our mouth.

These bacteria when in contact with the food we eat releases a foul odor. Most people are not aware that they have bad breath or the discomfort that it causes other people.

Studies have shown that medications that cause dry mouth such as anti-depressants, high blood pressure medications and anti-histamines can cause bad breath.

Dry mouth causes bad breath. When you have a dry mouth, especially in the morning, dead cells accumulate in the mouth and decompose causing foul odor.

Some of the other causes of bad breath include:

Tobacco chewing
    Smoking
    Alcohol
    Gum (periodontal) disease
    Anemia

Bad Breath Remedies at Home

There are several simple and practical remedies that you can try at home for halitosis. These include:

1.Brush with baking soda to reduce the acidity in the mouth and make it difficult for the bacteria to grow

2.Brush and rinse using hydrogen peroxide when you have upper respiratory infections. DO NOT swallow it

3.Gargle with salt water to reduce bacteria in the mouth

4.Avoid eating foods with refined carbohydrates and sugars like cookies, sweets, cakes, carbonated soft drinks, ice creams and syrups

5.Drink sufficient amount of water (6-8 glasses) daily

6.Brush teeth daily especially before going to bed

7.Mix a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to liter of water, simmer for 15 minutes, strain and drink as tea

8.Exercise and eat fiber rich foods to prevent constipation

9.Stop bad breath and gum bleeding by chewing unripe guava fruit or its tender leaves

10.Eat avocado to remove intestinal decomposition that leads to bad breath

Remember to see your dentist or doctor if bad breath still persists despite the bad breath remedies done at home. Your dentist or doctor will determine if there are other underlying medical causes of your oral problem.
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 28th October 2010 at 08:18 PM.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Pope..good post.
    Telling someone he/she has bad breath is something that is hard to do most of the time. We just need to be conscious of it ourselves and if we realize we have it....find remedies to it.

Hahahahahahaha. So wen i saw the title of the post as "Halitosis" i tot it was gonna be abt me but pope just marked me wrong. anyway good job Honorable pope

Quote Originally Posted by Chapati View Post
    Hahahahahahaha. So wen i saw the title of the post as "Halitosis" i tot it was gonna be abt me but pope just marked me wrong. anyway good job Honorable pope
    hahahahahahaa Sister Hali nieeee..........lol

I'll seriously recomment it to this girl that always sit next to me in one of my lecture classes, damn, i'll save a bunch on mint gum by the time the semester ends, on top of that she's always damn late, misses class and wonna stuck her damn face in ur face to ask questions. Sad part about it is, she soo daaaaaaaaaamn fiiiiiiiine too! am like what happened? Lol in my face is not funny at all...shitx

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chapati View Post
    Hali ma Toxic Chapati, LOL gotcha !
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Quote Originally Posted by Jaida View Post
    I'll seriously recomment it to this girl that always sit next to me in one of my lecture classes, damn, i'll save a bunch on mint gum by the time the semester ends, on top of that she's always damn late, misses class and wonna stuck her damn face in ur face to ask questions. Sad part about it is, she soo daaaaaaaaaamn fiiiiiiiine too! am like what happened? Lol in my face is not funny at all...shitx
    hhahhahahhaa....there is one of those I guess every school year.....you will be fine.........lol

Hey bro, some good bad breath tips right there. Halitosis reminds me of shuatosis. lol Thanks for sharing.

Well, not all bad breaths are caused by inadequate brushing of teeth. Inflammation of the tonsils or tonsillitis can also cause bad breath. The tonsils and adenoids contain lymphoid tissue which produce lymphocytes. These lymphocytes kill off bacteria in your mouth which cause bad breath. If you have bad breath accompanied my a sore throat, pain experienced in swallowing, swelling of the neck (not associated with goitre), pain in the ears as well as general body fever which accompany reduced immunity, then you need to have the infection treated with antibiotics. Most often than not it is viral, and may be acute bacterial infections. It could also be a viral infection. Remember, do not recommend penicillin quickly to a patient, as most people are allergic to it. Instead start of with amoxycillin (amoxyl) or erythromycin. Usually, when it is a chronic condition which have caused extensive damage, tonsillectomy is recommended, which is the surgical removal of the tonsils. Make sure your immunity is in good standing, and as fansyface and I always say, eat healthy.. and exercise a lot. It all goes a long way to MAINTAINING YOUR GENERAL HEALTH!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information