+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ghanaian Actors In Hollywood

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default Ghanaian Actors In Hollywood

I was watching an Episode of Spartacus Blood and Sand on HBO and noticed the name Peter Mensah as the credits rolled up after the show. Never knew the brother was Ghanaian until i saw his name.

He's been in movies like La femme Nikita,300 and a host of others.

Do you know of any actors in Hollywood of Ghanaian lineage ? Let's hear them.
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 15th July 2010 at 12:38 AM.

Damn! I also missed that. Pretty cool. Looking at his face now i can see some ashanti features.

Another one is Boris Kodjoe,who was in Love and Basketball,The Gospel and recently in Tyler Perry's Medea's Family Reunion.
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 15th July 2010 at 02:25 AM.

Senyo Amoaku.Amoaku has appeared in three episodes of the TV show Gary Unmarried and as a voice in several video games. Under the name D.N.A., he has composed music for shows like Next, Date My Mom, and Pimp My Ride. He was also in the hit TV series "Heroes".
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Cool. I had no idea these brothers had Ghanaian blood in them. Any females ?

Thanks Pope

Leila Djansi is an American/Ghanaian filmmaker who started her film career in the Ghana film industry.

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Djansi is cool.. i have heard of her.. Here is a trailer of her up and coming movie, Sinking Sands.

I will definitely support the sister when the movie premiers.

Big-ups to the sister. We need more like her in Hollywood.

Meet 10-year-old Kwesi Boakye, Hollywood’s latest sensation. Already a veteran actor with an ever-growing resume and roles in several features including Tyler Perry’s “I Can Do Bad All By Myself” staring Academy Award nominee Taraji Henson, he began his career in television commercials at just 10-months-old staring in a video for pre-school kids called “Tots on Tape”. A modeling gig in the worldwide Baby Gap campaign followed and it wasn’t long before Kwesi snagged his first casting role on the medical drama “Strong Medicine”.

Since then, he has appeared in a string of prominent television shows such as “Boston Legal”, “South Park”, “Daybreak” with Taye Diggs and the Daytime Soap Opera “Days of Our Lives”. He can also be seen as a series regular on the new Cartoon Network animated series “Gumball” voicing the character role of Darwin. He also voiced Andrew on the animated series “Special Agent Oso” although his most notable voice-over role was in the Oscar winning flick, “Happy Feet”.
    Last edited by MegaMeister; 19th October 2010 at 12:42 AM.

Never heard of this Kwasi boakye, he seems way up there with the top celebs. Will check out more

I saw him in Tyler Perry's I can Do Well All By Myself. I didn't know about his Ghanaian connection until recently.

Actors Kwame Boateng,18, Kwesi Boakye,10, and Kofi Siriboe,15, attended the 41st NAACP Image awards held at The Shrine Auditorium on February 26, 2010 in Los Angeles, California.
    Brothers Kwesi and Kwame just finished filming Faith and Dreams, “a film that brings to light the realities of life in Northern Uganda and the plight of children caught in war(Source).”
    Kofi, who will turn sixteen on March 2nd, is currently working on several different projects.

His father is a Sierra Leonean and his mother is a Ghanaian.

Phannuel Nana Gbewonyo,main pictures- Gran Torino and Coach Carter

The eldest of those bradez Sriboe looks just like my kid bro....

Okay there is also a Ghana British actress on Law & Order: UK her name is FREMA? ???

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

Actor/producer/rapper/model

Some of his film work includes the Warner Brother comedy with Nick Cannon and Christina Milian "Love Don't Cost a Thing", the Gary Marshall comedy "Keeping Up with the Steins" with Jeremy Pivens and Darryl Hannah, and the Spike Lee drama "Sucker Free City" with Anthony Mackie and Omari Hardwick. Sam has also guest starred on such shows as "ER", "The District", "Boston Public", "Navy NCIS", and "Home Improvement".

In 2001, Sam received an AFI Independent Film Award for Best Supporting actor for his portrayal as Louis in the movie "Street King" co-starring Jon Seda and Mario Lopez. In 2005 Sam was named by Detour Magazine as "Young Hollywood's One to Watch". In 2007 Sam co-starred with Tony award winner Wilson Jermaine Heredia in the psychological thriller "Nailed" which was featured and made a buzz in the Cannes Film Festival and the Toronto Film Festival. His latest movie is ANCHOR BABY

Quote Originally Posted by Fashion Yaa View Post
    The eldest of those bradez Sriboe looks just like my kid bro....

Okay there is also a Ghana British actress on Law & Order: UK her name is FREMA? ???
    FREEMA AGYEMANG

she's one hot tamale.

Ohh this is Sam Sarpong right omg i remember him from PUNKD hehehe wowowow he doing big tins
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post

Actor/producer/rapper/model

Some of his film work includes the Warner Brother comedy with Nick Cannon and Christina Milian "Love Don't Cost a Thing", the Gary Marshall comedy "Keeping Up with the Steins" with Jeremy Pivens and Darryl Hannah, and the Spike Lee drama "Sucker Free City" with Anthony Mackie and Omari Hardwick. Sam has also guest starred on such shows as "ER", "The District", "Boston Public", "Navy NCIS", and "Home Improvement".

In 2001, Sam received an AFI Independent Film Award for Best Supporting actor for his portrayal as Louis in the movie "Street King" co-starring Jon Seda and Mario Lopez. In 2005 Sam was named by Detour Magazine as "Young Hollywood's One to Watch". In 2007 Sam co-starred with Tony award winner Wilson Jermaine Heredia in the psychological thriller "Nailed" which was featured and made a buzz in the Cannes Film Festival and the Toronto Film Festival. His latest movie is ANCHOR BABY

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?

Wow cant believe yall know of him wowowow...he grew up near me in Cali very very good b.baller as well

Phannuel Nana Gbewonyo,main pictures- Gran Torino and Coach Carter

FREEMA AGYEMANG

she's one hot tamale.
    thanks pope it was just on my lips....she has a Iran mum and a Ghana dad

Name:  Freema_Agyeman_2007-1.jpg
Views: 4771
Size:  22.5 KB
    Last edited by Fashion Yaa; 16th September 2011 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fashion Yaa View Post
    Wow cant believe yall know of him wowowow...he grew up near me in Cali very very good b.baller as well
    Do you know about the out come of his arrest(grand theft auto) a couple of years ago ?

I believe news presenter LESTER HOLT from NBC Morning Show found out his DNA traces to Ghana(Asante in particular) Name:  Lester-Holt-725011.jpg
Views: 5335
Size:  13.1 KB

Do you know about the out come of his arrest(grand theft auto) a couple of years ago ?
    hmmm asem oh....it was theft from a Best Buy....he had paddies woeking there who would let him buy expensive stuff at like pennies so its not like he was gangsta....to be honest i dont know the outcome but his family is SUPER RICH popi woeks as an exec for Warner Bros so i assume we shall never know all info but ya he made the local DAILY NEWS picture and all hmm smh....such a quiet guy....i think it was influence of paddies

Idris elba
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	425px-Idris_Elba.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	268
    AJ

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information