+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Asamoah Gyan bought for13 mil, All For Bench Warming ?

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default Asamoah Gyan bought for13 mil, All For Bench Warming ?

Steve Bruce will play with only one up front against Newcastle, which may be bad news for Ballon d'Or candidate Asamoah Gyan.

The Black Cats boss has played with three central midfielders, and Darren Bent as a lone striker in almost all Sunderland's Premier League games this term.
    And he admits that Sunday's derby will be no different, which spells trouble for Gyan who could be again left to sit on the bench.
    "Whatever you do, you can't be influenced by what other people think," Bruce told the Gazette. "If you're going to do it, stay true to your own beliefs.
    "If you look at the top teams all around the world, and particularly in this country, you'll see that very rarely do they go with two up top any more.
    "Manchester United, Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool - they all play with three central midfielders.
    "They tend to play with one man playing off a striker, with someone lying deep and breaking out of midfield - you can say it is 4-5-1 or you can say it's 4-3-3."
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

It beats me too why they by these players for jaw dropping amounts yet sit them on the bench. May be a competitive strategy, just to prevent other teams from buying players who may be a potential threat in the future.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

A complete waste of 13 mil IMO. How long before he adapts to the Prem. style of play ? How long did it take for the Drogbas,Essiens and Toures to fit into the premiership ?patriotism aside Asamoah Gyan is an over rated player.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

BBoy T

And Sunderland was walloped 5-1 by Newcastle. LOOOOOOOL

Default Gyan a big hit with supporters

Sunderland AFC striker Asamoah Gyan wowed the crowds at the Club's latest retail signing session where hundreds of supporters turned up to meet the Ghanaian.

Gyan who signed for the Black Cats in the summer from Rennes, was at the Store at the Stadium of Light on Thursday where he signed shirts, books and photographers as well as even dancing his trademark goal celebration with one young fan.

Speaking about the event, Gyan said: "I can't believe how many people have turned up and stood in the freezing cold. I'm completely blown away. Every supporter has wished me luck for the weekend and the rest of the season. It means a lot to me and it was great to meet the fans."

source: sfc.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information