+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prince Buaben Deported By German Immigration.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default Prince Buaben Deported By German Immigration.

Dundee United midfielder Prince Buaben was refused entry into Germany as the Arabs squad travelled to their pre-season training camp in Austria.

The 22-year-old Ghanaian was taken away by police at Munich airport after being caught without a visa, and after hasty negotiations to allow the player to continue to travel failed, he was promptly despatched back to Dundee.

The incident took place after the United squad had endured a turbulent flight and landing amidst an eerie backdrop of a heavy and threatening thunderstorm.

"He didn`t have a proper visa because he has a Ghanaian passport," Arabs boss Peter Houston told the Daily Record. "I don`t know if he should have known or we should have known.

"Prince is back in Dundee and he will rejoin us on Wednesday. They didn`t let him through passport control.

"Last week it happened to a bigger club and their African boys weren`t allowed in the country," he continued. "It happens regularly when teams arrive in Germany.

"I don`t know if Prince has been told about it before but he can`t have because he would have said something and we`d have got it sorted out."

http://www.dundeeunited.vitalfootbal...#ixzz0tfAWWyCo
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 17th July 2010 at 08:09 PM.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Buaben Reacts To His German Ordeal.

Prince Buaben last night revealed how he felt like a criminal after being booted out of Germany.

The Dundee United midfielder was stopped at border control in the early hours of Tuesday as Peter Houston's squad made its way to Austria for a pre-season training camp.

Buaben, a Ghana international, did not have the relevant paperwork to gain entry to the country so was detained for two hours before being put on a flight back to the UK.

The 22-year-old, who was granted access 24 hours later after the Ghanaian embassy in Edinburgh stamped his passport, was reassured by German police he was not in any trouble but revealed being kept in a dingy room for two hours made him feel like a lawbreaker.

Buaben, who is in line to face Polish side Arka Gdynia in Austria tomorrow, said: “The police said that it wasn't a criminal offence and told me not to worry.

“But the place they put me in wasn't the best and made me feel like a criminal.

“It was a little room with a hard bench to sleep on and they didn't give me any food or drink.

“It wasn't a cell but it certainly felt like it.

“I only got some food when the club doctor brought some along for me. They kept me there for two hours and then moved me to the departure lounge, where I had to sleep on the seats for six hours before my flight home.

“I'm pretty sick of the sight of airports but it wasn't the Germans’ mistake, it was a mix-up and they were just doing their jobs.

“When I got back to Dundee I was shattered and ended up in bed for hours.

“The manager was trying to get in touch with me but I was in bed.

“But when I got up the club were able to get a visa for me and things have gone well since then.”

Meanwhile, Tannadice attacker Kevin Smith – who is on a trial with Notts County – will find out today whether he has won a deal.

He said: “I've enjoyed it and played for 30 minutes each in two games this week.

“The manager has told me he will speak to me on Saturday so we'll see what he says.

“I've got a few options in Scotland. I spoke to John McGlynn at Raith Rovers so that's something I have on the go as well.”

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Art...#ixzz0ty6R2RLy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information