+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amoako,Appiah left out

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default Amoako,Appiah left out

Black Queens' stalwart defender, Olivia Amoako has been left out of Coach E. K. Edusie's final list of 21 players for the 7th African Women Championship (AWC} slated for South Africa at the end of the month.

Coach Edusie has been forced by the deadline of the Confederation of African Football (CAF] for the team to submit its list to leave out the gifted central defender from the team which aims at taking the two week tourney by storm.

Amoako was scheduled to meet up with the team alongside Gifty Appiah from their base in the United States of America to fight for places in the team but the coach has been compelled to halt the process to meet the CAF deadline.

Coach Edusie therefore regrets the lost opportunity to give the two a platform to compete for slots in his 21 member team and told GNA Sports that he has been left with no choice in the face of the CAF deadline.

The two, together with former captain, Adjoa Bayor were the only three professionals expected to join the 24 others that arrived in Hanover late Wednesday for a final brush up for the South Africa challenge.

As it is now, Bayor remains the only professional in the 21 member team that walks into the tourney with Group games against defending Champions, Equatorial Guinea, Algeria and Cameroon.

Amoako has warmed herself into the team as a pillar in defence alongside Aminatu Ibrahim and though the team will be without her amazing efficiency, Coach Edusie insists he has enough depth in the team without the US based central defender.

The defender was part of the team that picked silver in Nigeria and the team that exited at the group stage at the last tourney in Equatorial Guinea at which the host won the competition as debutants.

Ghana's Black Queens will engage two German club sides as the perennial tournament favourites readies for the African Women Championship commencing in South Africa later in the month.

The Queens had a warm up to shake off their jet lag late Tuesday only hours after arriving in Hanover and walk into action later today, Thursday to begin their mission of being in good shape to achieve the ultimate.

The Queens will first play BV~Coppenburg, a Liga two side in their first test game as the team seeks to put a final touch on its preparation for the competition that the Ghanaians dream of winning for the first time.

The Ghana team will wrap up its preparations with their second and last test against another Liga two side, FFC, Gutersloft on Tuesday October 26.

The team is scheduled to travel straight to South Africa on Friday, October 29 ahead of their Group B opener with Algeria on November 2.

The two finalists at the October 31 to November 14 tourney will automatically qualify for the quadrennial FIFA Women's World Cup slated for Germany next summer.
    GNA

(From Veronica Commey, GNA Special Correspondent, Hanover, Germany)
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

frenn

Bunch of ignorant people governing the FA. How can one call himself a technical director, coach........etc and yet they can't tell when they see real talent. I'm really disappointed for the technical team to leave Gifty out of the squad. How can you leave out a 5ft 10inch striker with pace, dribble skills, awesome first touch and obove all scoring 20 goal in 20 games in a competitive league. I have never been this sure about a player's talent, but i saw this girl play and for a minute i this was bingo for Ghana.

Frenn, you are right. The FA don't see the potential in women soccer let alone Gifty Appiah's talent. I am going to gather more information about the reason why she was left out of the team. It's just ridiculous.

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

The GFA doesn't see women's soccer as a gold mine like men's soccer.

frenn

If the FA doesn't see the need to run the team, them they should either privitize it (if possible) or leave it. It's better they leave it than to keep it and do crapy job.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about women football to enable me contribute to this thread. However, Judging by the tone of the discussion i think it's wrong for the GFA to have left out that lady. The backlash online is massive. I say bring back Olivia Amoako!

Gifty Appiah is by far the best striker Ghana has at the moment it's just baffling how the coach left her out claiming he had to beat a deadline for presenting his final list to CAF. Olivia Amoako is another interesting omission.

My question is if a coach in the person of Edusei who was the coach of the Black Queens of the 90's with talented players (the talent then was streets ahead of what we have today) and couldn't do JACK with the likes of Patience Sackey,Juliana Kakraba,Stella Quartey,Vivian something(aka S-Girl) Eunice something(the coach) Nana Ama something and the rest of them oh and Alberta Sackey what can he do with this team ?

Why can't the FA hire a top notch coach for the women ? So far all the coaches who have handled the women have been ---- POOR !

BBoy T

Women's soccer in Ghana is a joke.

frenn

This coach better qualifies the team to the WWC, it's time we take our ladies serious.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information