+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Majid Michel Needs To Slow Down-John Osei Tutu

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default Majid Michel Needs To Slow Down-John Osei Tutu

John Osei Tutu Agyemang popularly known as JOT says there is a division in the Ghanaian movie industry.

The movie and media icon is of the view that the division stems from the fact that there are actors who are selective in the type of movies to act and those who have what he describes as the “everybody-has-to-see-you” syndrome.

JOT believes actors such as himself who have been in the business for while “have outgrown the ‘everybody-has-to-see-you’ kind of thing”.

JOT therefore sounded a note of caution to Ghana’s silver screen star Majid saying “I think that if Majid is not careful he will burn out, because he is doing too much.”

JOT who was speaking on the late night Celebrity Show on ETV Monday with fellow actors Ekow Blankson and veteran Fred Amugi, says it is important for young actors to slow down and be selective of the movies they choose to act in.

Ekow Blankson paid a glowing tribute to Shirley Frimpong-Manso for handing him a role in the movie, Checkmate. “I have always wanted to work with Shirley. I have watched her movies and I thought this was a fantastic director” he indicated.

Praising Shirley’s directorial skills, Ekow who plays a drug mogul in Checkmate said “She [Shirley] took it to a different level in my opinion… She knows what she wants and she takes you into the character and shares her opinion on the best way to play a role: For the first time I was sweating on set. I liked that. I really liked that a lot.”

JOT who expressed regret at not being able to play the role given to Ekow as a result of a clash with a new job stated that “Shirley is a genius and there are not many people like that in the country. She ties her films well. She casts her actors well and her story line is absolutely fantastic.”

Fred Amugi was excited about how far the movie industry has come but says he enjoys performing on stage as it makes the actor “alert”. The veteran actor told the host of the programme, Sammy Forson, that the live stage leaves very little room for mistakes.

“You have a live audience and you cannot go wrong. The stage builds you up …and I would wish everyone gets a taste of what the stage feels like”, he added.

Joy FM
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

If the guy can handle all the scripts that comes his way what business is it of JOT's ?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information