+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scrutiny for Hair-Straightening Treatment

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default Scrutiny for Hair-Straightening Treatment

A popular hair-straightening treatment is under scrutiny after lab tests by Oregonís occupational health agency found significant levels of formaldehyde in a smoothing solution made by the beauty company Brazilian Blowout.

The state agency says it had the solution tested when salon workers in the Portland area complained of nosebleeds, breathing problems and eye irritation.
    read full story here : http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/12/he...tml?ref=health
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Will our women of color ever be content with their natural locks with all these health problems-cancer and co dogging lots of women ? Lord have mercy !
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 12th October 2010 at 07:51 PM.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Loooooll.. oo my gud man! seriously oo.. they will do anything to enhance their looks. But more startling is the presence of formaldehyde, these days that compound is found in copious amounts in cigarettes. The effect of formaldehyde on tissue is of major concern. They were and are still used to preserve tissues. They have the tendency to cause the cessation of enzyme action in cells that are important to maintain life, but they do not degrade the cell, instead, they put them on halt, like a frozen food incapable of decay bcos the enzymes that mediate cell breakdown themselves have been denatured (destroyed). if ur cells are frozen, they cant multiply, they cannot be replaced by new and vibrant cells, and even more disturbingly, they do not function.. so u would be dying slowly as more of your cells recieve the chemical. So i think the health and environmental organizations should see to it that products consumed by the human populace is free of toxic compounds that can harm them!
    3b3i!! women will kill us paa o!

Asem oh. Kill me slow paa

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Hmm bro they're not waiting for our women to die before embalming them....this one is embalment before death proper..looooool
    HumanKoobification process..lol
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

hahaha..lol massa ur funny as hell.. i think we have to take your booklong stuff away from you and pop u onto the National Theatre stage.. humankoobification.lol classic!!

BBoy T

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    hahaha..lol massa ur funny as hell.. i think we have to take your booklong stuff away from you and pop u onto the National Theatre stage.. humankoobification.lol classic!!
    Humankoobification paa Pope is Bob Okala's akonta i suppose.lol

The things women will do to be noticed is unimaginable meanwhile these companies producing the toxic creams and what nots are laughing all the way to the bank hmm.
    Last edited by BBoy T; 13th October 2010 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Asem oh. Kill me slow paa
    God dey we dey. We no go die.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information