+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which movie should I show

Default Which movie should I show

HMMMM, I am trying to get a movie to show for an African Movie Night by the end of the month. Please which movie do you guys suggest. I need suggestions please.

Hey Chapati, this is a difficult one. If your audience is Ghanaian then i would say Akurasi Burgers. They laugh till the cows come home.

Nope. It is not just Ghanaians. But the whole university. I want them to see an african movie. not those twi movies

Hey dear, anything by Shirley Frimpong Manso or Leila Djansi should be ok. Their movies have substance. I hope this helps .

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

In that case you should show a Ghanaian movie with all the attributes of a good movie,one portraying Ghana in a positive light. Get one of Leila Djansi's films.

This is a good one. "Grass Between My Lips" check your pm.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Yeaaa, one of Shirley's movie's would be nice

Hey Chapati, please note you are free to post links to any site on here. Feel free dear.. only the Ghanaian video/movie sites are not allowed because we are in direct competition with them.. but no restrictions honey.. this is your joint so feel free..

Hahahahahhaha no p Neo. and thanx pope and my darling sycccccccc

Well Ive really wanted to see some Rwandan film thats got buzz from 2yrs ago called AFRICA UNIT its in English. But its a kids flick so maybe 4PLAY will do

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

Yaa, i would love to show 4PLAY, but it is too modernized and i want something that has the uniqueness of Africa in it. Thanks though

Wow well, let me tell you any movie by the Chad director Mahmet Saleh Haroun is very authentic to the peoples of the Sahel. I love love love his films and wish Ghanaians could embrace it the way we embrace local language and english language films

ABOUNA is my absolute favorite but he has many other faboulous films that is readily found at your local movie store's foreign language film section

Abouna is about a guy that looses his brother in a Madrassa and his mum has a nervous breakdown cause of it, whats amazing is that he marries this def girl and both take on the responsibility of caring for his ailing mother. Its true to issues of loss cause in the beginning of the film you see the boys trying to cross a border into Nigeria to find their father who abandoned them and it also speaks to the true meaning of love in Africa. Its superb. But anything by this director is ACE

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?

Love Brewed In the African Pot is a good one. Old,but great stuff, it doesn't have subtitles but will do just fine.

ok wat do u guys think abt "Perfect Picture"

You cannot go wrong with Perfect Picture. It is very good.

Trailer of Perfect Picture

Chapati,
    Perfect Picture is a wonderful one you can show but I thought you didn't want a too modernized Ghanaian movie? I guess showing any of those ones which is typically done using twi wont help........Perfect Picture will be your best bet. I watched it a couple of times and I still can sit through and watch it all over again, which I cant do for most Ghanaian movies.

am just so confused. very much not settled with wat i wanna show. i have three movies but cant choose.

"Perfect Picture"
    "Love brewed in the african pot"
    "A sting in a tale"

A Sting in a Tale, i think it has the best physical-love interpretation for a African couple on screen.....Anang and Forson are just beautiful. Its one of those best of both world films for men and women.

Perfect Picture - Spot on!

May be she wants us to go to her school and do the screening for her. Which one now ? Abeg. We give you suggestions and you are still confused. Oya ! go and screen " I go Chop Your Dollar" LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Chapati let me make life easier for you. Take Syc to school for show and tell. Problem solved..haaaaaaahahaa
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post
    Chapati let me make life easier for you. Take Syc to school for show and tell. Problem solved..haaaaaaahahaa
    hahahahhaaha aaaa Pope you paaa.....is Syc a movie.......leave the lovebirds alone......abeg free them as Quophi will say........lol

Chapati come on....I know you watch a lot of movies like I do so you seen all three of the movies you suggested.

Which one of them really gives you the kicks, you like the storyline, you are comfortable with and can really enjoy talking about if need be at movie showing

Looks to me like Perfect Picture has got more thumbs up here but the ultimate choice is yours.
    Don't forget to let us know how it all went down after the showing..

her pope be careful wate. ok cutie, fashion yaa and the informer thanx. her mega fioooo, if i wasnt confused would i still be asking...... lololol

ok. so it went well but they complained about the fact that there were too many romantic scenes. All the same it went well. So thanx yall for ur views.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapati View Post
    ok. so it went well but they complained about the fact that there were too many romantic scenes. All the same it went well. So thanx yall for ur views.
    Ok it went well sis but you didn't tell us which one you showed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information