Barely three weeks after a police constable was gunned down by a group of hoodlums in the Kumasi Metropolis, another police officer who allegedly took his girlfriend to a guest house in Kumasi, ostensibly to show her how skilful he was in bed collapsed and died after a bout of ‘hot sexual intercourse’.

Inspector Kofi Agyemang Ennin, 46, who was attached to the Motor Traffic and Transport Unit (MTTU) of the Ghana Police Service at the Kwame Technology (KNUST) Police station, died a few minutes after being rushed to the KNUST hospital for attention.

Although an autopsy report is yet to be released, the Daily Guide newpaper investigations unearthed that Inspector Ennin might have died as a result of a kidney failure and high blood pressure. A source close to the hospital told Daily Guide at press time yesterday that Dr. Siaw a pathologist at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) in Kumasi, was busily performing a post-mortem examination on the late police officer.

According to sources, at about 7pm on Tuesday, October 5 ,2010, the deceased left home for K5 Guest House at Ayeduase new Site near KNUST with his girlfriend, who was identified as Martha, believed to be 35 years old and a resident of Tafo Adompom.

Sources alleged that whilst in the guest house, the two lovebirds engaged in hot rounds of sexual bouts and halfway through the exercise, the police officer began gasping following his high blood pressure.

Sensing danger, Martha, who is said to have been in an amorous relationship with Inspector Ennin for close to two years, advised her lover that he be rushed to the hospital for medical attention but he allegedly resisted, insisting that he should be taken home instead.
Troubled by the condition in which the police officer was, Martha hired a taxi and with the help of security guards at the guest house, rushed the police inspector to the KNUST Hospital, where he was admitted.

A source at the KNUST police station said Inspector Ennin was brought to the hospital alive as he spoke to a couple of hospital officials before passing away a few minutes later. The source said when the KNUST police got wind of the incident, they quickly arrested Martha on Tuesday evening. She was, however, granted bail on Wednesday to assist police in their investigations.

However, the police source could not confirm whether, in the circumstance, the lady who is being interrogated for the death of her lover could be charged and prosecuted in a court of law.
It will be recalled that a young man, Frank Armah, 24, died suddenly last August after six rounds of *** with a 25 year old lady at a rest stop at Achimota in Accra.

The girlfriend narrated to the Tesano Police when the incident happened: “After our third round of oral ***, my lover was panting and asked for water. He then went to get four sachets of pure water and drank three instantly. He rested for some time and jumped on me again for another three rounds. While we were resting after sixth round, he screamed and shouted for help ……” The deceased, according to sources, had been in a relationship with the lady for just two weeks before his untimely death.