+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did You Know .....

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default Did You Know .....

Arthur Jean Nicolas Rimbaud (1854-1891), the great French Symbolist poet, wrote almost all his notable Poetry between the ages of fifteen and twenty.

In 1879, after having spent his adolescence and young adulthood in wandering, scandal, and debauchery, Rimbaud suddenly repudiated his art, traveled to the Middle East, set up a business in Ethiopia, and spent the rest of his life as a merchant. He never wrote another Poem.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

You know what, there are a plethora of writers who do ODD relocations like that. Athol Fugard the pulitzer prize winning white South African writer relocated to Australia just because the govt wanted to honor him. Get this the man never ever grants interviews and basically lives a recluse lifestyle.

I think its a writer thing, as my uncle would say "ya screw loose" must be. But i only wish I could just disappear in a land Im not familiar with and venture to make a life for my self, I wonder if Rimbaud had kids and if so what do they have to say about their dad in Ethiop....Thanks for the fun fact

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

Good find, I did not know that. 18th Century society was a lot more focused with an ambitious outlook on life. They started very early, compare that to the 21st Century where most people become victims of misguided exuberance during their teenage years, before scrambling to make amends when they are most often too old.

BBoy T

There are a million poets in Saudi Arabia but ONLY ONE is a woman. Her name is Aydah Al Aarawi Al Jawani.

okay now I understand this thread...its all about FUN FACTS about writers and such. Cool well I must say I did not know about Jawani. Cool Beans

Lawrence Fishborne has been granted all the rights associated with bringing Paulo Cuelho's THE ALCHEMIST to the big screen. I love this book and happy to learn it will become film.

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

No one knows the actual birthday of Shakespeare! April 23rd has been generally used - the same day as St. George's Day, the Patron Saint of England

No one really knows what Shakespeare looked like!
    No portraits were painted of Shakespeare whilst he was still alive!

The majority of the plays of William Shakespeare were only published seven years after his death in a collection of works called the First Folio!

Many eminent Authors, Actors and Politicians do not believe that William Shakespeare wrote his plays including Mark Twain leading to the great Authorship debate

William Shakespeare's three children, Judith, Susanna and Hamnet were all illiterate!

Many of William Shakespeare life facts are unknown - these years are referred to as the 'Lost Years'

William Shakespeare and his company built TWO Globe Theatres!

In the Last Will and testament of William Shakespeare he left his wife his "second best bed"
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information