+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kofi Wayo-NDC engaging in ‘scratch my back, I scratch your back politics’.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default Kofi Wayo-NDC engaging in ‘scratch my back, I scratch your back politics’.

Maverick Politician and leader of the United Renaissance Party (URP), Mr. Charles Kofi Wayo has taken a swipe at the ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC) for engaging in ‘scratch my back, I scratch your back politics’.

This, he said, has resulted in the inability of the current government to jail a number of former New Patriotic Party functionaries who he believes were corrupt.

According to the controversial politician, the conduct of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) officials and the impunity with which some of them are behaving gives an impression that the NPP is still in power.

To this end, he prevailed upon President John Evans Atta Mills to tell Ghanaians who actually is governing this nation, since according to him, the actions and inactions of the ex-NPP officials, coupled with the slow process of prosecuting them was indeed worrying.

Speaking in an interview with this paper, Mr. Wayo questioned, “Who is ruling this nation? Is it the NPP or NDC? Is it criminals or the law? Prof. Mills must tell us, even though I know that he is prepared to fight corruption.”

According to Mr. Wayo, since the NDC campaigned on the back of corruption allegation cases against the former administration, efforts must be made to fast track their cases and ensure that the law takes its course . “It is almost 2years now and what is the NDC waiting for? The Attorney General must fast track the court processes,” he urged.

He also accused the NPP national chairman, Jake Obetsebi Lamptey of using political powers to acquire a state bungalow which he used taxpayers money to renovate. This, according to him, calls for Jake’s arrest and prosecution.

When his attention was drawn to the fact that the house in question has been retrieved from him, he said “At the time, the crime had been committed and state money had been used to renovate it. The press has refused to look at the **issue and is doing nothing about it, and that is why we are where we are today,” he fumed.

The former NPP capo stated that it was unfortunate that the nation has been drawn into a situation where corruption has bedeviled the religious and judicial systems, while nobody cares to clean it. “That is why those people cannot go to jail, and that is why we believe that the system must be cleaned.’

In his view, if the President Mills led government fails to prosecute and jail the ex-NPP officials, the NDC would have nothing to campaign on at the 2012 general elections.

Responding to suggestions that probably the NDC was allowing the due process to be followed, he yelled “How? How much evidence do you need to prosecute them? The hard facts are there,” he said, adding that since Ghanaians voted for the NDC on account that they have been “robbed by the NPP, everything must be fast tracked, The AG must be proactive,” he admonished.

The tough-talking politician, however, indicated that whereas President Mills was up to the task, together with his Vice, Mr. John Dramani Mahama, the National Security Coordinator, Lt. Col. Larry Anthony Gbevlo-Lartey, National Security Advisor to the President, Brig. Gen. Nunoo-Mensah among others, some officials are not ready to help him to achieve the dream for the nation.

“I know there are fine guys there who are prepared to fight corruption. We are comfortable with people like John Mahama, Gbevlo-Lartey, Nunoo-Mensah and others, but some are there with the President just for their selfish gains,“ he noted.

Touching on the pronouncements of Mr. Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie, the NPP General Secretary, with regard tohis interaction with the CID last week, Mr. Wayo believed that such pronouncement amounted to undermining the legal system of this nation.

According to him, the pronouncement of the NPP officials, especially the party’s chief scribe, suggested that they do not respect the laws of the land.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

At times I get the feeling that he himself is somekind of "aggitator for hire". He is a child of CPP(his pops is still part of it) then moved to NDC, then NPP where he left cause they would not make him MP, he formed the URP whilst at the same time supported NDC in this past elections. Anyone see a pattern, he's just a aggitator or rebel without a cause.

He somehow has a point, cause how Obetebie Lamptey-Mills proprietor of Great Lamptey-Mills can go scot-free after under age ***(i mean rape) and use the pretense of marraige to the 16 year old student BOGGLES MY MIND, how; there has to be a political hand in his freedom.

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Well said Fashionable. Agitators they all are, from Sekou Nkrumah to the rest of them. However, truth be told the rule of Law is thrown out the window where the privileged few in political cirlcles are concerned. Very unfortunate but.....
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 6th October 2010 at 04:40 PM.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information