+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whose fault is it?

Default Whose fault is it?

A man invites a few friends over for a party- having recently been promoted, he was so happy, after having toiled so hard for it. He intended to celebrate this special occasion with his friends and family who had stood beside him through all those hard times.

However, on the day of the party, the staff of the train service which some of his guest had intended to arrive by where on strike. The inadequate number of personnel managing the signaling instruments led to the train conductor passing through what he judged rightly to be a green light but in fact should have been a red light.

The subsequent collision led to many wounded and dead passenger. The guests on the train all died except for one who sustained serious injuries. The accident created a commotion on the main road and two of the ambulances which had been called to the scene collided with two other cars while on its way to the scene of the accident. One of the cars had some of the guests who were on the way to the man's party,they were all instantly killed.

The weather had began to change and it wasnt long before the storm clouds set in. A tree standing outside the man's house- which he had complained to the council several times about because its root consistently caused damage to his wall and building was struck by lighting. The tree fell on a car which had just come to park outside the gate - they were the rest of the guests, and they were instantly crushed to death as well.

Help was late in arriving for the lone surviving guest- and indeed for all other victims involved who had now been rescued by firefighters. Health personnels from all over were called in to assist with providing relieve for the accident victims. The trainee who was attending to the lone surviving guest had only recently take her first aid course. Unfortunately she misunderstood the last lesson and the kiss of life she gave the guest actually deprived him of oxygen, making his condition much worse. Though the surviving guest was airlifted along with a number of other survivors to the hospital, the guest arrived in a critical condition. The tetanus injection which was given to the guest caused a sever reaction. The doctor on duty made a note of this on the patient's chart. However another doctor who failed to read the patient chart administered several more doses to the surviving guest who had still not began to recover from the initial doses. The guest eventually died within hours.

So who caused the death of these guests, is it the Union for going on strike, the ambulance driver for not being careful, the council for not having removed the tree earlier, the trainee health worker for aggravating the state of the guest, the doctors at the hospital for ultimately leading the surviving guest to his death or the man who decided to throw the party?

Who is to blame and why?
    Last edited by syc; 6th October 2010 at 02:11 AM.

Will be difficult to blame one person or group of people because its a chain of events that led to the deaths.

Can we blame nature too for the lightening? I don't think so. If each incident happened separately it wouldn't have sounded so bad but all these deaths within that span of time makes it a bit scary.

I'll say it was their time to go and no one can be blamed. God called them to their rest......even though the way and manner it happened was quite weird.

Hmmmm.....I imagine what the man was thinking....was the promotion really worth it?

nobody's fault..... it was time to translate or it wouldnt have happened
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    Will be difficult to blame one person or group of people because its a chain of events that led to the deaths.

Can we blame nature too for the lightening? I don't think so. If each incident happened separately it wouldn't have sounded so bad but all these deaths within that span of time makes it a bit scary.

I'll say it was their time to go and no one can be blamed. God called them to their rest......even though the way and manner it happened was quite weird.

Hmmmm.....I imagine what the man was thinking....was the promotion really worth it?

Hmmm.... true.. i guess it would not have happened that way unless God permitted it....

nobody's fault..... it was time to translate or it wouldnt have happened

... time to translate.... interesting way of putting it

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information