+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do men want skinny women?

Default Do men want skinny women?

What you need to know

* Biological indicators tell us that skinny women are less fertile than curvy ones.

* To most men, a normal BMI and waist-to-hip ratio is preferable to one that is very low.

* Skinny women usually lack qualities that men notice most - the breastt and bum.

It's been confirmed: Skinny women are more successful in their careers.

Women who are "very thin" earn nearly $22,000 more than their "average weight counterparts," according to a study in the Journal of Applied Psychology.

But if this obsession with slimming down is an outcome of women's potential financial rewards, does the same apply to their relationships with men?

As this article will reveal, most men don't feel the same way as employers. Find out why men are biologically programmed to get turned on by healthy, fit and voluptuous women.

1- Waist to hip ratio counts
    Dividing the circumference of a woman's waist by the circumference of her hips will give you her waist-hip ratio, a number that's very important when it comes to determining a woman's level of attractiveness.

In Western cultures, a waist-hip ratio of 0.7 appears to be the one that men find most appealing on a woman, and research has found that it is linked to optimal levels of female reproductive hormones and a lower likelihood of a variety of diseases.

Other research has suggested that in Asia, a ratio closer to 0.6 is perceived as most attractive, while in some African and Latin-American cultures, ratios near 0.8 are preferred.

Surprisingly, a wide variety of measurements result in a low waist-hip ratio. For example, Marilyn Monroe had a lower waist-hip ratio than Gisele Bundchen. The point here is that a curvaceous body, like the classic hourglass figure, makes men salivate -- and very skinny women are less likely to have that body shape.

2- Fat equals fertility
    Given that women's bodies were designed to carry a developing child over a relatively long gestational period compared to other species, women are natural fat storers.

Back when our ancestors lived in caves and food was scarce, a woman with some meat on her bones was more likely to be able to carry a child to term.

It appears, however, that it matters where the majority of a woman's fat is located on her body. More specifically, the weight a woman carries around her hips may serve as an indication as to how much fat is available to be converted into energy for fetal nourishment.

In fact, some researchers have postulated that the long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids contained in hip fat are actually critical for the developing fetal brain. A certain level of healthy fat therefore sends a signal to men that a woman is a good choice as a mate.

3- A normal BMI is hot
    While a woman's waist-to-hip ratio has long been touted as a measure of her physical appeal to men, recent research suggests that body mass index (BMI) may be a stronger predictor of a woman's level of attractiveness. This magic number is obtained by dividing a woman's weight by her height squared.

Obviously, a BMI that falls into a normal range is most desirable, and those values are strongly linked to a woman's overall health, as well as her reproductive potential. A woman with a BMI above 25 is considered overweight, while a BMI under 18 is indicative of being underweight.

Within the normal range, women with BMIs close to 19 have a lower mortality rate and are more fertile than very thin women, as a low BMI is associated with poorer health, eating disorders and reduced fertility due to amenorrhea.

4- Men like breastt (and bums)
    In one of the least shocking discoveries of the 21st century, it turns out there's a biological reason why men love breastt. In 2004, a study published in Biological Sciences found that large breastt, particularly when combined with a small waist, were associated with higher levels of mid-cycle estradiol and progesterone in women.

Essentially, having higher levels of these hormones around ovulation means that a woman with large breastt may have an easier time conceiving. A woman with some fat on her body is therefore more appealing from a mating perspective to men. Unless they're implants, it's rare for skinny women to have large breastt. And, unfortunately, when women lose weight, one of the first places they slim down is in their chest.

Healthy not skinny
    While it's clear that men want healthy-looking women, which includes pleasingly plump bums, the reality is that a lot of women are overweight, and the World Health Organization recognizes obesity as a global epidemic.

Men find women most attractive when they take care of themselves and maintain a healthy balance of muscle and fat, so if you're a woman, the take-home message is stop dieting to be rail thin and adopt sound eating habits and an active lifestyle. Then you'll be irresistible.
    AJ

thats how i feel...lololol...and am loving it so if no man wants it then he can go burn the sea
    AJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajbabe View Post

thats how i feel...lololol...and am loving it so if no man wants it then he can go burn the sea
    lolololol oh nice ...... u get thick figure like ur aunty mama mech?? ..... these yoo yoo boys these days will say more cushion etc ... hahahhahahahaha
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    lolololol oh nice ...... u get thick figure like ur aunty mama mech?? ..... these yoo yoo boys these days will say more cushion etc ... hahahhahahahaha
    yes am THICK MADAM!!!....and whose aunty mama mech?....cushion paa...yoo mati wai..lolololol
    AJ

yes am THICK MADAM!!!....and whose aunty mama mech?....cushion paa...yoo mati wai..lolololol
    lolololol agro nkoaa ooo madam ........ and mama mech is ur aunty ebony grape juice cutiebaby ........ and oh the cushion thing, i overheard some wannabee nima gangstas saying it to a thick fine madam that e be more cushion for something something .... i no catch the last part well .... lolololololol ......

lolololol agro nkoaa ooo madam ........ and mama mech is ur aunty ebony grape juice cutiebaby ........ and oh the cushion thing, i overheard some wannabee nima gangstas saying it to a thick fine madam that e be more cushion for something something .... i no catch the last part well .... lolololololol ......
    herrrr Quophi careful....what do you want from me this year? You want to be enemy of progress to my new years resolution but na lie, I no go allow you.
    Stop Judging me by YOUR standards and way of life....MINE is different

Yehowa, how do you know I get thick figure.....yeyeman, leave me alone ooo. You have been hiding yourself from all of us and you want to discuss everyone else.........mmmttsseewww

Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    Yehowa, how do you know I get thick figure.....yeyeman, leave me alone ooo. You have been hiding yourself from all of us and you want to discuss everyone else.........mmmttsseewww
    hahahahaa, quophi don suffa. lol
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    .........Jiddu Krishnamurti

yes am THICK MADAM!!!........cushion paa...yoo mati wai..lolololol
    um, lickin my lips like im tafre abele was
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.

Girlllllllll you sure bout this?
    I swear being thicke in this generation is recipe for heartache, ask Oprah. But then again i get it this article is not meant to be promoting nutritional health.

My view on men wanting thicke women is puerely biological as the article says even caveman wanted bodies on women. But we are way past the nature only considerations in lifestyles, we as a human race tend to set aside natyre instinct for carnal instinct(socially acceptable norms ie. The Trophy Wife).

But im not gonna be able to convince anyone cuz im a woman not a man. All we gotta do is see the reaction of the men in this village, they are afraid to say the truth n r dabbling in jokes.

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

ehi na Yaa, asem ben no wooka yi?

Default Q misi ka nuQwari

Men dont pick women based on size
    Its we women who want men to pick us based on appearance

We need to be honest about this thing, Q no guy wants to admit the real truth...its a health issue plain n simple. We must look at the health angle first.

Quote Originally Posted by Fashion Yaa View Post
    Men dont pick women based on size
    Its we women who want men to pick us based on appearance

We need to be honest about this thing, Q no guy wants to admit the real truth...its a health issue plain n simple. We must look at the health angle first.
    im sorry Yaa but some of us men, maybe a few of us, dont follow the mainstream hot chic zombie drooling wow, because a woman looks like this, then oolalaa, it must be it. Im sure you read some of my posts on this forum about what attracts me to a woman.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Like that song says, Everyone got their taste- translate to twi

Some like obese or emaciated women.In fact there are some men who belong to the former and so actually feed these obese women what ever there is to beef them up the more so as to spike their libido. It's all about the perception of the male or the interchange of diction. If you replace the word fat/obese with eg..robust,heavy,big boned etc it surely will appeal differently to what ever audience. There was a finding published in The Journal of Sexxx Research about this a while back where some men known as "fat admirers" or FA's gave some profound reasons which protrays them as having rejected the social norms... enough of the academics.

The Pope likes 'em 36-24-36 nothing more nothing less. Equal opportunity Employer. ps: i don't care that much about the last 36 so long as you can compensate with the first 36, we're in business.
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 12th January 2012 at 06:55 PM.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Being thick does not necessarily mean you are fat and you will have health issues, unless we are trying to say every thick woman is prone to having health issues. Even the slim ones have more health issues than the heavy ones.

Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    Being thick does not necessarily mean you are fat and you will have health issues, unless we are trying to say every thick woman is prone to having health issues. Even the slim ones have more health issues than the heavy ones.

i second aunty...saying am think doesnt not mean am obese/fat...all am saying am not slim/thin and i love the way i look..wont change it becos men dont like it...and i dont have health issues..so i love my figure...lololol
    AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post
    Like that song says, Everyone got their taste- translate to twi

Some like obese or emaciated women.In fact there are some men who belong to the former and so actually feed these obese women what ever there is to beef them up the more so as to spike their libido. It's all about the perception of the male or the interchange of diction. If you replace the word fat/obese with eg..robust,heavy,big boned etc it surely will appeal differently to what ever audience. There was a finding published in The Journal of Sexxx Research about this a while back where some men known as "fat admirers" or FA's gave some profound reasons which protrays them as having rejected the social norms... enough of the academics.

The Pope likes 'em 36-24-36 nothing more nothing less. Equal opportunity Employer. ps: i don't care that much about the last 36 so long as you can compensate with the first 36, we're in business.

hmmm u got good taste..lololol
    AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fashion Yaa View Post
    Girlllllllll you sure bout this?
    I swear being thicke in this generation is recipe for heartache, ask Oprah. But then again i get it this article is not meant to be promoting nutritional health.

My view on men wanting thicke women is puerely biological as the article says even caveman wanted bodies on women. But we are way past the nature only considerations in lifestyles, we as a human race tend to set aside natyre instinct for carnal instinct(socially acceptable norms ie. The Trophy Wife).

But im not gonna be able to convince anyone cuz im a woman not a man. All we gotta do is see the reaction of the men in this village, they are afraid to say the truth n r dabbling in jokes.

o yes am sure...and as for Oprah..becos she is a public figure she needs to be fit and she might have health issues that might require her to go on diet but all the same i dont really think all thick women have health issues..lol
    AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    um, lickin my lips like im tafre abele was
    hahahahahaha...good for you
    AJ

yeah right..why wont u remember the last part....esewura o wara...lolololol
    AJ

ok the body will naturally attain its normal and suitable weight if all these negativity and brainwashing concepts are not impose on it from the mind ....

anyways being thick does not necessarily mean u are obese or have an unhealthy weight ....... if u are 6.8 and weigh 240-300 pounds u are probably at a healthy weight as compared to someone who is 5.8 at the same weight ......

u can have healthy issues at any weight ...... there are skinny people who have serious cholesterol issues like fat people ...... the important thing is that all these are general case ...... ur own body will let u kno whether it is healthy or not and u have to take care of ur body not just with actions but especially at the mental level ..... do u see ur body and just see so called imperfections or u see it in appreciation and love ...... etc ......

anyways with that said yes men are programed by media to see skinny women pleasing and attractive as compared to the shapes and sizes the female can occupy ...... some men have also transcended these shallow things ..... people are not seen as just a body and so attraction encompasses all the aspects of the woman .... mind body and soul and a union with a woman commences on a path of deep unity of all the aspects of the woman ..... etc .....

yeah right..why wont u remember the last part....esewura o wara...lolololol
    eiii i no remember too i get trouble??? ..... lololol ...... im still investigating so be patient wai ... lolololol

eiii i no remember too i get trouble??? ..... lololol ...... im still investigating so be patient wai ... lolololol

waiting patiently o...lololol
    AJ

Im happy the men have shared their views on the issue. Very Proud also of the ladies for understanding matters of health.

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?

o yes am sure...and as for Oprah..becos she is a public figure she needs to be fit and she might have health issues that might require her to go on diet but all the same i dont really think all thick women have health issues..lol
    I'm gonna have to agree to disagree with you on this one when unchecked the health of a woman has dire consequences sadly its usually the heavy set population at the short end of the stick.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information