+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BlackBerry PlayBook Outdoored-video Preview

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default BlackBerry PlayBook Outdoored-video Preview

The new tablet PC from RIM,the BlackBerrry PlayBook is here.Boasting a vivid 7” high resolution display, the new BlackBerry PlayBook comes with premium multimedia features, aimed at providing users with an enhanced experience, RIM announced.

“It includes dual HD cameras for video capture and video conferencing that can both record HD video at the same time, and an HDMI-out port for presenting one's creations on external displays,” the company stated.

The slate comes with a 1 GHz dual-core application processor inside, as well as with the new BlackBerry Tablet OS which, according to RIM, supports true symmetric multiprocessing.

“Together, the abundant processing power and highly sophisticated OS enable the BlackBerry PlayBook to provide users with true multitasking and a highly-responsive and fluid touch screen experience for apps and content services,” RIM notes.

The operating system should enable easy building of applications, as it comes with support for Open GL for 2D and 3D graphics, and can run software solutions built in Adobe Mobile AIR or with the new BlackBerry WebWorks app platform.

Another important feature of the new operating system is that it comes with support for Java, so that developers can port existing BlackBerry 6 Java applications to the BlackBerry Tablet OS environment.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Looks cool. Bold move by Rim but i think they entered the tablet market too late and allowed Apple to steal their thunder considering how long they have dominated the smart phone market. Attracting more developers to their platform is key. If they are able to do that then i see no reason why they shouldn't be able to compete. More android tablets are also slated to be released during day season so this is gonna be interesting. Competition is good for us the consumers..

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Apple spoilt it for everybody out there with iPad.Sidebar- I heard something about Blackberry and Amazon turning the Kindle device into a platform, have you heard any such news, your thoughts ?
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

I wouldn't surprised if they ended up turning the Kindle into a platform, which in my opinion will be a disaster. The Ipad and the kindle both serve different purposes. Ipad serves as a netbook replacement and through its application model offer wide array of needs. It is also colourful and sleek, appealing more to showy and flamboyant users. The Kindle on the other hand is a reading device and unrivalled in its field. The E-ink is the closest you can get as a book replacement and can even display text in broad day light. If u love reading a lot of books then that's your joint cos u can read for hours without getting the eye strain lcd screens like Ipad will give you.

As long as Amazon differentiates itself from the tablet market by concentrating on E-book readers like the kindle they are fine. If they turn the kindle into a platform and start mimicking the Ipad then they are toast cos there is no way they can compete with the ipad. However, as a niche product the kindle is a kickass ebook reader and has been selling like hotccakes. They should keep it that way.

On a side note: I just heard that Amazon are opening their own android market place. This leaves room for suggestion that they may be planning on releasing a new tablet running on android to compete with the ipad. Now, that would make sense..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information