"Now on whom dost thou trust?" --Isaiah 36:5

ON WHOM DO YOU TRUST? Friend, this is an important question that we must answer with some thought. Let us listen to what many Christians are likely to say when asked this question and see if it is yours.

"On whom do you trust?" "I trust," says the Christian, "in God. I trust the Father, believe that He sent HIS only Son to die for my sins; I trust Him to provide for me in providence, to teach me, to guide me, to correct me if need be,

and to bring me home to His own house where the many mansions are. I trust in Jesus to take away all my sins by His own sacrifice, and to adorn me with His perfect righteousness. I trust Him to be my Intercessor,

to present my prayers and desires before His Father's throne, and I trust Him to be my Advocate at the last great day, to plead my cause, and to justify me.

But, friend, I want to ask you another important question, if you so trust in God to do all the above for you, what about HIS honor?
Do you serve Him as He deserve?

Does your life reflect His Son living in you? Do you live your life according to His standard despite the mockery you are likely to receive from the world or according to the standards of this world?
Do your friends know Him through your perfect life?

He has said in His word, ďBut just as he who has called you is HOLY, so be Holy in all you doĒ 1Peter 1:15.

Look at the way you dress, do you dress to honor GOD whom you trust or to appeal the world? Does the way you talk testify the you trust in God?

Do you profess His name in your conversations?
It is a command to be holy not a suggestion. People who are not ready to submit to Godís standard will argue that, ah! No one can be holy. That is a lie.

If Jehovah is the one whom you have your trust in, where is HIS honor? Why do you blaspheme HIS Holy name with the way you live?

ďA son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name? ď Malachi 1:6.

The only way we can prove that Jehovah is our GOD and our trust is in Him is by living Christ-like life, by allowing the Holy Spirit to change your life into the image of God. When that happens, you will let go of all the desires of this world.

Today, let that be your prayer, let the Holy Spirit work changes in the way you life so that, we can be truly the children of God not because we say it, but we live it.

May God grant you the strength to live a Holy life.

Source: Voice of Hope Africa (VOHA)