+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Break Up

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default The Break Up

Marcus and his girlfriend Celine have been together for 3 years until Celine goes on a business trip where she encounters Marcus’ best friend Tony. Celine returns from her trip to a warm welcome by Marcus. This is a real life converstation

Marcus: hey hun, Welcome back. I missed you so much since you’ve been gone
    Celine: I missed you too babe
    Marcus: Come here (they kiss) Are you sure you missed me ?
    Celine: so very much
    (they kiss, and are all over each other)
    Marcus: I love you babe
    Celine: mmmmm baby, Your touch is turning my insides upside down, I love you so much too my darling
    Marcus: Honey, you've brought tears to my eyes
    Celine: aaaaaawww my love (holds him closer, as she wipes the tears of his face) my love...these tears are touching my heart....just shows and tells me how much you love me,and I love you too
    Marcus: hmm, you should ask why these tears
    Celine: why the tears my darling
    Marcus: why him ?
    Celine: why who ?
    Marcus: couldn't you wait for me ?
    Celine: baby what are you talking about?
    Marcus: I know all about it
    Celine: all about what ?
    Marcus: honey, please, please tell me the truth
    Celine: baby the truth about what? I don’t even know what you are talking about
    Marcus: You know what I’m talking about. The photos, the presents, the un-answered calls, the…Why ,why babe, what went wrong ?
    Celine: baby....photos,presents, unanswered calls ? I'm confused.
    Marcus: yes, the un-answered calls. Lord knows how many times I called you
    Is this your way of paying me back ?
    Celine: baby you know I answer all your calls...where is all this coming from darling? I have missed you so much and all I want to do is be in your arms.
    Marcus: baby, i can't do this anymore. I'm hurting. I feel betrayed... My bestfriend ? Now that is a bit much.
    Celine: baby ...what are u talking about....your best friend?
    Marcus: Don't play innocent with me.
    Celine: so you believe him more than me?
    Marcus: Did he or did he not spend the night with you on two occasions, did he or did he not buy you presents, did he or did he not drive you to the airport to catch your flight back ?
    Marcus: Honey, I love you but....
    Celine: babyyyy !!I love you too and if you will let me explain to you what happened then you can decide for yourself Baby you remember my birthday weekend I told you I didn’t want to spend it all alone at home without you here...so I went on that trip to FL and I told you I was going. You know that’s where he is too and as your friend I called him that I was in his neighbourhood and so he offered to take me out for lunch (which I told u).....and he brought those presents for me for my birthday. After lunch he decided to drop me off but first take me to see his place....didn’t think much of it since he is your bestfriend......He offered me a glass of wine and that’s the last thing I remember till I woke up to find myself in his bed.....I told him I was going to tell you but he begged me not to, and that he was sorry. I…I… Oh God !
    I guess I should have told you this before ,I am so sorry. I guess he is trying to play smart so he has decided to tell you all these ….This happened only one time Baby you know I love you and wouldnt go out of my way to hurt you… I am sorry I didnt tell you earlier but I didnt know how,I was scared to let you know about what your bestfriend had done.
    Marcus: (with tears in his eyes he pulls her closer,they kiss and make love)Honey, I love you but this is the end of the road. I can't bear to think you slept with my best friend...( he gets dressed,plants a kiss on her forehead and heads for the door.)
    Celine: OMG...baby.....what did I do wrong ? I am sorry, so sorry (with tears in her eyes, she holds on to him) I didnt sleep with him....he raped me…(sobs) I dont even know what happened I wish I knew… baby if you want to break up with me because of this...I dont think you loved me in the first place like you said I never did anything to hurt you..
    Marcus: (as her cries linger on he slams the door behind him It's over ! he mutters to himself)
    Celine: (she cries) Babyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Was the break up justified,how would you have handled the situation ? lets hear your views
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 29th September 2010 at 02:53 PM.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Pope by the way, you sure u aint the one that did this?

I think the break up wasnt justifiable. Celine trusted the mARCUS' bestfriend not to do that to her but he had already planned all that in his head. Am sure whenever Marcus is with Celine the bestfriend gets jealous and plans on how he can have a taste of Celine. MAARCUS shd realize that it was all a mistake and from her story she wasnt conscious and she was also sorry for what happened. Some women mite not show any remorse to this deed but cELINE did. Marcus also wanting to hurt her decides to sleep with her before saying goodbye. He just wanted to reciprocate the hurt which is one thing we all have to learn in a relationship. U dont need to retaliate to acheive ur point. if he didnt want to date her anymore, there was no need sleeping with her before saying goodbye. Fine they can break up but dont think of a retaliation before doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapati View Post

I think the break up wasnt justifiable. Celine trusted the mARCUS' bestfriend not to do that to her but he had already planned all that in his head. Am sure whenever Marcus is with Celine the bestfriend gets jealous and plans on how he can have a taste of Celine. MAARCUS shd realize that it was all a mistake and from her story she wasnt conscious and she was also sorry for what happened. Some women mite not show any remorse to this deed but cELINE did. Marcus also wanting to hurt her decides to sleep with her before saying goodbye. He just wanted to reciprocate the hurt which is one thing we all have to learn in a relationship. U dont need to retaliate to acheive ur point. if he didnt want to date her anymore, there was no need sleeping with her before saying goodbye. Fine they can break up but dont think of a retaliation before doing so.
    I did not ! The Pope would have shown mercy.

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

This is a tough one. It would have been difficult for me to forgive her because she put herself in that compromising situation. If she didn't want to fall why did she go near the edge? How can we be sure that she was raped? I would have forgiven her if someone had snatched her into an alley and raped her. Her story is too fishy..If it wasn't premeditated why didn't she tell Marcus she was with his friend? She also didn't tell Marcus when she got back, i don't buy her excuse.

I guess sometimes until it happens to you, the reaction might be different. Was the break up justified, on his part, yes, because the gf didn't even tell him when this happened, so since the friend figured the gf was going to tell the bf when she said she would and it never happened, he had a back-up story with the gift pictures. Well, this is an absolute rape case, the best friend is the type you can't trust your girl around; not the type u tell to check in on your girl occassionally while you go on a trek/travel. At least he wasn't destroying stuff like "some1 i know" did. Somehow, he could've had a little sympathy, but i guess you can't heal a broken heart in his case. Funny thing is, he got his last bang before he slammed the damn door. Nigga-puh-lease!
    However, would the bf ever believed her when she told him the his bf had drugged and bang her? Sad
    Bros, are u sure it didn't happen to u?

Why must it be me, Is it because i posted it ? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Chapati View Post

I agree with you that reciprocating hurt to make you feel better is not right.....it never does anyways so why do it. The brief moment of feeling that you have accomplished something by hurting your "ex-partner" is not worth it.

Sometimes its harder to prove your innocence in cases such as this......it hurts though to think that he believes you more than you but that is just men for you....the brotherhood usually trumps other relationships

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    This is a tough one. It would have been difficult for me to forgive her because she put herself in that compromising situation. If she didn't want to fall why did she go near the edge? How can we be sure that she was raped? I would have forgiven her if someone had snatched her into an alley and raped her. Her story is too fishy..If it wasn't premeditated why didn't she tell Marcus she was with his friend? She also didn't tell Marcus when she got back, i don't buy her excuse.
    You sure she did put herself in that position? Marcus knew where she was going....who she was going to lunch with?...it is hard to believe though but some people trust blindly and it leads them into sticky situations such as this.

Some have used this excuse too when they knew that wasn't the situation so its hard to defend anyone on this but I believe the two of you involved know each other well enough to know if you want to believe what is being said or not.

Seriously Neo, would you tell your girl that her friend seduced you, you fell for it and so you slept with the friend? Come on....how do you expect her to tell Marcus when she herself is trying to come to terms with what had happened to her...
    Last edited by CuTiEbABy; 5th October 2010 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaida View Post
    I guess sometimes until it happens to you, the reaction might be different. Was the break up justified, on his part, yes, because the gf didn't even tell him when this happened, so since the friend figured the gf was going to tell the bf when she said she would and it never happened, he had a back-up story with the gift pictures. Well, this is an absolute rape case, the best friend is the type you can't trust your girl around; not the type u tell to check in on your girl occassionally while you go on a trek/travel. At least he wasn't destroying stuff like "some1 i know" did. Somehow, he could've had a little sympathy, but i guess you can't heal a broken heart in his case. Funny thing is, he got his last bang before he slammed the damn door. Nigga-puh-lease!
    However, would the bf ever believed her when she told him the his bf had drugged and bang her? Sad
    Wrong decisions taken can land us in serious trouble and I feel sorry for her but sis tell me seriously will you have told your boyfriend that "his bestfriend" had done such a thing to you. Its easier said than done...finding yourself in the situation makes it look different than when you are outside and passing comments on it.

That last bang to me was just not right...You knew before she walked through that door that it was over...so why act all sweet, have your way & shut the door in her face..........darnnnnnnnn.....that's mean

BBoy T

Ok, Marcus handled the situation pretty well. I think Celine was lying through her teeth. I will not call it a rape. She consented to the act with Tony.
    He offered me a glass of wine and that’s the last thing I remember..
    If you know you are not that stable on your feet when intoxicated,you stay away from alcohol especially in this case.

I guess I should have told you this before ,I am so sorry. I guess he is trying to play smart so he has decided to tell you all these ….This happened only one time
    Guessing she should have told wont cut it. Why didn't she ?? Because she knew she was wrong and as such has hurt the man she claims to love. If it was rape she would have reported it first, to her boyfriend and then the police.

This happened one time ? so what, was she waiting for a second helping ?
    Marcus handled his business like a man should, I would have nailed the woman "for the road" also. He was right to have let her go but i think he still loves her. I smell a couple of booty calls later.
    Last edited by BBoy T; 5th October 2010 at 03:15 PM.

What do you all think?

Does Marcus' best friend Tony go free.......the bummer that he is?
    Last edited by CuTiEbABy; 5th October 2010 at 03:58 PM.

BBoy T

Marcus and his friend will have to talk. I smell something fishy about this Celine girl. There might be something Tony knows about her unbeknownst to Marcus or Tony is just being a boy.
    A woman coming between me and my bestfriend is something i never anticipate,but hmmm
    Hard to tell, more repsonses will generate more interest in Tony.

Ok, Marcus handled the situation pretty well. I think Celine was lying through her teeth. I will not call it a rape. She consented to the act with Tony. If you know you are not that stable on your feet when intoxicated,you stay away from alcohol especially in this case.
    How does accepting a glass of wine mean consent for sleeping with someone? We don't know what had been laced in with it....and I am sure something was in it. A glass of wine cant make someone blackout if even they haven't drank before....naaaaa I don't think so.
    If it was rape she would have reported it first, to her boyfriend and then the police.
    Is it all rape cases that are reported? Do you know how many women live with the pain, shame and guilt because they feel they did something wrong that's why they were raped when truly it wasn't their fault? she didn't know what happened and she was in his house.....surely the conclusion will be she consented...harder for her to prove so she'll rather keep quiet.

This happened one time ? so what, was she waiting for a second helping ?
    Marcus handled his business like a man should, I would have nailed the woman "for the road" also. He was right to have let her go but i think he still loves her. I smell a couple of booty calls later.
    Hmmmmm men...sometimes they are the weirdest...whats the satisfaction in "having one for the road". looool and as for loving her...hmmmm maybe they may come back together but I don't think so........lol

Quote Originally Posted by BBoy T View Post
    Marcus and his friend will have to talk. I smell something fishy about this Celine girl. There might be something Tony knows about her unbeknownst to Marcus or Tony is just being a boy.
    A woman coming between me and my bestfriend is something i never anticipate,but hmmm
    Hard to tell, more repsonses will generate more interest in Tony.
    He sure is being a boy, bummer........and do you still consider such person as a bestfriend?.............it says a lot about you too.......BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER..............

Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    I agree with you that reciprocating hurt to make you feel better is not right.....it never does anyways so why do it. The brief moment of feeling that you have accomplished something by hurting your "ex-partner" is not worth it.

Sometimes its harder to prove your innocence in cases such as this......it hurts though to think that he believes you more than you but that is just men for you....the brotherhood usually trumps other relationships
    i stopped reading there ....... blofo akɛseɛ be what?

LOLOL
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

I agree with you. The girl's story doesn't add up. She threw in the "rape" element as a bait. I wouldn't forgive her either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaida View Post
    The girl made her own bed by not telling her boyfriend about the incident. She might as well sleep in it.

Trust the bestfriend to know something Marcus doesn't know about Celine(I agree with mega). A rape case ? I think not. As for the good riddance "plugging", errrrmmm, I ..... errmmm
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 6th October 2010 at 06:52 PM.

Cutie you have a point. It is very difficult for women to report such stuff. But, a woman with conscience would have had enough guilt and remorse to tell the man regardless. Just my opinion..

Dude is worse than a bummer, i said men will fall into any damn hole they can't even lubricate to get in. You know this **** happens all the time, a bust buddy tells a friend he/she is going on a trip and to take care or be a friend and be around when worse happends; next thing u know, it's a brothas ticket to coochie mooning on behalf of bestfriend. Sad coochie...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Quophi Aletse View Post
    i stopped reading there ....... blofo akɛseɛ be what?

LOLOL
    Quophi we are not talking about brofo here....add your comment about the drama and stop the yeye thing you dey do for there.....lol

Cutie you have a point. It is very difficult for women to report such stuff. But, a woman with conscience would have had enough guilt and remorse to tell the man regardless. Just my opinion..
    You are a man...so its easier said than done......you may wanna start doing your own research to find out opinions of "sistahs" out there; how many will be able to open up and tell.......

BBoy T

At least she should have told her man,no ?

Hmm.. this is pretty hard, ok, let me have a go at this one
    #1. Celine does not tell Marcus: She may have done this for a reason. Despite the fact that it wasn't the best thing to do. She probably knew Marcus too well to know that he would blow things out of proportion. But it is always said that u shuld tell the truth, no matter how bitter it is.. and so you cannot blame Marcus for his reaction. I knoe most men would react that way. He has been hurt, and while u cannot measure it, it is a huge blow to his trust for women, men have always been told women are very secretive, and they carry their secrets to the grave.. this confirms it, look how she conceals it so well even when Marcus had found out.. she would still have denied it if she wasn't sure he did not know as much as he did!! So, i say she was wrong to have kept it to herself, and she ought not to blame anyone for her mistake.

#2 Pride: While it is known that men are a proud lot, it is not to say Marcus never loved her. His pride is just in the way. And at this stage, it is the most disturbing phase of a man's psyche. It plunges him into a world of uncertainty, whether he will be better off burying his love for a woman, for which the anger and bitterness he forms in his head will be the driving force for his recovery. He is proud that such a thing is not secret to him or anyone else, and he would be mad the laughing stock of the 'brotherhood'. Most men would rather die than be made fun of as the one whose girl was so loose she gave way for another man to have his way with her.. Either way, it is tough, the only problem is he acted too rashly. If he had been patient enough to clear his head as the hurt abated, he would have been in a better position to make a correct judgement for himself, he just cant bear the thought of another man sleeping with his woman, more so him being his bestfriend.

#3 Trust: It was obvious Celine did not trust Marcus to stay with her if she told him the truth by her own mouth. And in return, she suffered the consequence of Marcus' distrust of her not telling him the truth. So now, he will never trust her to tell him the entire truth if she kept such a thing for him. To him, this may have gone on a long time and very frequently (from the way he said it had happened twice instead of once). He would think she was only minimizing her guilt by saying it happened just once. But, without trust, there is no real relationship.

#4 Payback: A man always desires revenge when he is wronged. Its human nature. Marcus was just acting thru pure instinct to make her suffer as much as he had when he found out about the truth from someone else. He probably hoped it would hurt her enough to make him feel at least an ounce of relief that he had dealt his offender a great blow..
    But my conclusion is.. both are at fault, one person is always never guilty when a relationship hits the rocks, most of the time it takes 2 to tango.. so they shuld both be accountable for their own failure!

BBoy T

Great break down LMills.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo View Post
    Why must it be me, Is it because i posted it ? LOL
    You said true life story, so either you know one of the parties or its your anonymous paraphrased story. Nothing wrong with that. But i think this is not a proper break up. Marcus now has both sides of the story, if his love for Celine is NOT strong enough to withstand this trial then he needs to invite Celine to mutual ground like a park and properly break up with her.

This will ensure that Celine gets it in her head that mistake or no mistake, Marcus is a heartless fool who will not forgive even if she was allegedly raped(why stay with a man like that). And also it is good for Marcus to do this cause it can only make him know himself more that he's not trying to handle the emotional baggage that comes with a woman who has been raped by a best friend(not all men are that strong, believe me I know).

Hm, Im thinking he needs to break ties with his bestie as well, why would any man want to be friends with a guy that sexed his wifey or allegedly raped wifey OH.HELLtoTHE.NAW

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information