+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Desailly Close To Reaching A Deal With GFA

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Default Desailly Close To Reaching A Deal With GFA

Ex-France captain Marcel Desailly claims he is close to reaching a deal to succeed Milovan Rajevac as coach of World Cup quarter-finalists Ghana.
    Marcel Desailly
    The Serbian quit the Black Stars post last week after refusing to renew his expired contract.

Desailly who was born in Ghana, says the authorities are happy for him to take over the post.

"Everybody, from the minister to the head of the federation seems okay (with my bid)," Desailly told sports daily L'Equipe.

"I am available. We now have to talk money and see exactly how we can work together."

The Ghana Football Association confirmed earlier this week that Rajevac opted not to extend his contract, ending a two-year stint where he took Ghana to the final of the 2010 African Cup of Nations and the last eight of the World Cup in South Africa.

Desailly, who won the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000 with France, ended his playing career in 2006, after spells with Olympique Marseille, AC Milan and Chelsea.

Desailly recently acquired some football coaching certificates.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

I heard the brother is asking for $100K a month. Matter be dis !

I am getting mixed messages about this deal. some say his demands are too high, while others claim it is just the media's attempt at bruising his reputation to put spokes in the deal.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I am getting mixed messages about this deal. some say his demands are too high, while others claim it is just the media's attempt at bruising his reputation to put spokes in the deal.
    He refuted the media reports by coming out with a statement last week. According to what i heard on radio, he said he never had any such discussions with the FA neither did he demand 120K for his services nor suggest bringing in 2 french assistants,to which i said, WELCOME TO THE GHANAIAN PRESS ma francoghanaian brother...lol
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information