+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You know you are an African if........................

Default You know you are an African if........................

1. You unwrap all your gifts carefully, so that you can reuse the wrapper.

2. You call a person you've never met before uncle or aunt.

3.More than 90% of the music CD's and cassettes in your home are illegal copies

4. Your garage is always full of stuff because you never throw anything away, just in case you need it someday.(a gum boot without a partner and the baby walker - baby's now 12 and you are 48)

5. You have a collection of miniature shampoo bottle from your stays at hotels. (Gocool, Sweet heart, African pride....)

6. You have almost always carry overweight baggage when travelling by plane.

7. If a store has a limit on the quantity of a product, then each member of the family will join separate queues to purchase the maximam quantity possible. (sugar, soap, rice, cooking fat, etc etc during old good days)

8. All children have annoying nicknames.

9. Nobody in your family informs you that they are coming over for a visit. (uncle, wife, sis-in-law, two nephews and a neighbour) have camped at home.

10. You stuff your pockets with, mints and toothpicks at restaurants. (Murray mints, wrappers, and salt shakers!)

11. Your mother has a minor disagreement with her sister and does not talk to her for 10 years.

12. You only make telephone calls at a cheaper rate at night (especially beepers).

13. You never have less than 20 people to meet you at the airport or see you off even if it is a local flight.

14. You keep changing your Internet Service Provider because the first month is free. (I know some people O!.....)

15. Office supplies mysteriously find their way to your home.(Yes,staple machine, office pins, punch machine,cellotapes, post-its,etc.)

16. When you are young, your parents buy you clothes and shoes at least two sizes too big so that they would last longer.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

100% Unadultrated TRUTH !
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

1. You unwrap all your gifts carefully, so that you can reuse the wrapper.
    .... errmm.... reduce reuse and recycle..... im trying to be a good planeteer

2. You call a person you've never met before uncle or aunt.
    ......im very sociable....

3.More than 90% of the music CD's and cassettes in your home are illegal copies
    .... reallyyy?? I've been had i tell ya

4. Your garage is always full of stuff because you never throw anything away, just in case you need it someday.(a gum boot without a partner and the baby walker - baby's now 12 and you are 48)
    .... what can i say, i love to keep them good memories....

5. You have a collection of miniature shampoo bottle from your stays at hotels. (Gocool, Sweet heart, African pride....)
    .... more good memories....

6. You have almost always carry overweight baggage when travelling by plane.
    ..... refer to number 13....

7. If a store has a limit on the quantity of a product, then each member of the family will join separate queues to purchase the maximam quantity possible. (sugar, soap, rice, cooking fat, etc etc during old good days)
    ........quite efficient ehh......

8. All children have annoying nicknames.
    ..... them voweless names aint so easy to remember ooo

9. Nobody in your family informs you that they are coming over for a visit. (uncle, wife, sis-in-law, two nephews and a neighbour) have camped at home.
    ......hmmmmm......

10. You stuff your pockets with, mints and toothpicks at restaurants. (Murray mints, wrappers, and salt shakers!)
    ....... for the road........

11. Your mother has a minor disagreement with her sister and does not talk to her for 10 years.
    Talk about awkward moments.....I dont even know why they bother to show up for those family reunions

12. You only make telephone calls at a cheaper rate at night (especially beepers)
    .........man de hustle......

13. You never have less than 20 people to meet you at the airport or see you off even if it is a local flight.
    ........now thats what i call a send off.....

14. You keep changing your Internet Service Provider because the first month is free. (I know some people O!.....)
    .....still man de hustle..

15. Office supplies mysteriously find their way to your home.(Yes,staple machine, office pins, punch machine,cellotapes, post-its,etc.)
    .....errrr you know i also work from home....very efficient...

16. When you are young, your parents buy you clothes and shoes at least two sizes too big so that they would last longer
    Talk about early induction into "yoyo".........

Conclusion:

You gotta know im african..... who else got this many excuses.....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information