+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Racism in ghana- whites only restaurant

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Asamankese,Japan
    Posts
    7,539

    Default Racism in ghana- whites only restaurant

    There is a 'degustation club' in Ghana that is for whites only. Unbelievable right? Well believe, because it exists, and ONLY white people are registered members. This happens because some foreigners who live in Ghana think Ghanaians are inferior to them. The abuse continues, here is a verbatim account of what happened to a Ghanaian lady.
    "I wish to bring to light an incident that occurred in a restaurant that I visited recently that has left me dumbfounded and completely infuriated that this could happen in our country..

    Atlantic Lobster and Dolphin Ltd is a shop down Papaye road in Osu which deals in seafood. They recently opened an open air restaurant above their shop serving seafood.
    They have recently converted the restaurant into a “degustation club” for lovers of seafood. There is a GHc20 registration fee and you are then issued with a membership card.
    My 2nd visit there was on the evening of 26th October. I was invited there by a Japanese colleague who is a member of the club and we went with another colleague who is Spanish.After our meal our host (my Japanese colleague) asked for the receipt upon which we were presented with a piece of paper bearing a handwritten amount of GHc180. When he insisted on a proper receipt one of the Italian owners by name AXL told us that this was all they gave as they were a club and not a restaurant. My colleague was told that if he insists on a receipt he would have to come to the shop the following day to be issued with a “receipt” for the purchase of seafood from the shop and not for the food we had consumed.

    Nevertheless, as our Spanish colleague wanted to join the club too so our host informed the owners and they fetched their membership register for him to join. At that point, I asked if I could also join to which he replied “No, it is for white people only” and then laughed. I was completely taken aback and rendered speechless that this man could have the effrontery to make such a bigoted and racist statement. We left the restaurant shortly thereafter.

    It is my sincere hope that this matter will be taken up by your good selves and the public made aware that such an establishment is our midst. We cannot be subjected to open racism in our own country and we need to send a clear message to expatriates living here who mistreat their local staff and look down upon us Ghanaians that we WILL NOT stand for it.


    http://www.ammazingseries.com/ammazi...s/whites-only/
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

    Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY


  2. #2
    Godfather Fashion Yaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    City of Angels, Cali. USA
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Omg this is crazy


    all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

  3. #3

    Default

    What the..................Heading to that place to ascertain things for myself....this is so so.....SMDH
    Stop Judging me by YOUR standards and way of life....MINE is different




  4. #4
    Moderator ajbabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    What the..................Heading to that place to ascertain things for myself....this is so so.....SMDH

    lolol.....my no nonsense aunty, tell them u r american infact show them ur passport n speak slang.........lololol leave them a slap on ur way out..
    AJ

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbabe View Post
    lolol.....my no nonsense aunty, tell them u r american infact show them ur passport n speak slang.........lololol leave them a slap on ur way out..
    hahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa will wait for your mom to join me in Ghana and then we can both go do the action.
    Stop Judging me by YOUR standards and way of life....MINE is different




  6. #6
    Moderator ajbabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    hahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa will wait for your mom to join me in Ghana and then we can both go do the action.

    lolol.....ohhhhhhh action na double double...dey don die if they meet my mum eish dey shd run for cover n never to be heard again. mum!!!!!!!!!yooooooo asem don come for ghana.lolololglee:
    AJ

  7. #7
    Akosua
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbabe View Post
    lolol.....ohhhhhhh action na double double...dey don die if they meet my mum eish dey shd run for cover n never to be heard again. mum!!!!!!!!!yooooooo asem don come for ghana.lolololglee:

    So they decide to come to Ghana and continue their diseased mentality... whats the point in "slanging" and saying ur american? Nothing wrong with being African. If I went in there, it wld be in my full african glory, language and all.



    Just a bunch of turds who should be kicked out of the country, but knowing how we are and how we still worship white people, the leaders in charge will only end up kissing more white ass.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Asamankese,Japan
    Posts
    7,539

    Default

    The sad truth is that some Ghanaians condone such a travesty with their inferiority complex kowtowing to the "obroni" .....fvcking idiots !
    Last edited by Pope Bitterz D'Alomo; 31st October 2011 at 05:36 PM.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

    Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY


  9. #9
    Moderator Q' lypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chengdu, China
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    On my focking land?
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    .........Jiddu Krishnamurti

  10. #10

    Default

    when will we humans transcends this nursery school thinking ....
    shame on the owners of this restaurant for such primitive behaviours
    statistics are what other people have chosen to make real.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    On my focking land?
    Bros I tell u but I want ascertain this ish for myself....3y3 sias3m piiii
    Stop Judging me by YOUR standards and way of life....MINE is different




  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbabe View Post
    lolol.....ohhhhhhh action na double double...dey don die if they meet my mum eish dey shd run for cover n never to be heard again. mum!!!!!!!!!yooooooo asem don come for ghana.lolololglee:
    hahahahaha you know your mama already ...me feelii no k3k3
    Stop Judging me by YOUR standards and way of life....MINE is different




  13. #13
    Moderator Q' lypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chengdu, China
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    A big misunderstanding, a joke gone wrong.


    Government has closed down a seafood restaurant in Osu, Accra for breaching Ghana’s tourism laws.

    The Atlantic Lobster and Dolphins Ltd is also alleged to be operating a policy of racial discrimination.

    Elizabeth Okoro, a young woman with Ghanaian and Nigerian parentage accused the Italian owner of the restaurant of making racist comments.

    According to her, she visited the restaurant with her Spanish friend but was shocked to learn that the restaurant was opened to whites only.

    She explained the owners of the restaurant were operating a new policy in which only whites were allowed to register and become members of the club.

    When she attempted to register to become a member on her second visit, she was told only whites were allowed to become members.

    Elizabeth Okoro said she was stunned by the utterances by the restaurant official and vowed to resist any attempt to discriminate against blacks in Ghana or any other part of Africa.

    She then blew the alarm through social network sites in a bid to raise awareness.

    It appears her steadfastness has yielded dividend with government taking a prompt action against the restaurant, albeit with a different reason.

    Deputy Tourism Minister James Agyenim Boateng has visited the restaurant and told Joy News’ Israel Laryea the restaurant has been closed down.

    He said the Atlantic Lobster and Dolphins Ltd is operating as a catering service and should have registered with the Ghana Tourism Board.

    He said the closure is not premised on the allegations of racial discrimination but failure by the company to adhere to legislative instrument.

    According to the deputy Minister, the Italian owner confirmed making the racial comments but described it only as a joke.

    James Agyenim Boateng said that joke cannot be made at our own backyard.

    However, the Italian owner in an interview with Joy News’ Araba Koomson denied being racist.

    Anthony Daliou said he is married to a Ghanaian wife who has a Ghanaian baby and could not have made such a racist comment.

    http://edition.myjoyonline.com/pages...1111/75738.php
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    .........Jiddu Krishnamurti

  14. #14

    Default

    Read it through your FB page bro
    Stop Judging me by YOUR standards and way of life....MINE is different




  15. #15
    Moderator Q' lypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chengdu, China
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuTiEbABy View Post
    Read it through your FB page bro
    a very bad joke u kno
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    .........Jiddu Krishnamurti

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    a very bad joke u kno
    Bro you believe it was a joke? Well I dont.......he meant it when he was saying it.....afyei na )b3 y3 ntoatoa s3 it was a joke.....Joke my nyashhhhhhhh
    Stop Judging me by YOUR standards and way of life....MINE is different




  17. #17
    Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Asamankese,Japan
    Posts
    7,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    A big misunderstanding, a joke gone wrong.


    Government has closed down a seafood restaurant in Osu, Accra for breaching Ghana’s tourism laws.

    The Atlantic Lobster and Dolphins Ltd is also alleged to be operating a policy of racial discrimination.

    Elizabeth Okoro, a young woman with Ghanaian and Nigerian parentage accused the Italian owner of the restaurant of making racist comments.

    According to her, she visited the restaurant with her Spanish friend but was shocked to learn that the restaurant was opened to whites only.

    She explained the owners of the restaurant were operating a new policy in which only whites were allowed to register and become members of the club.

    When she attempted to register to become a member on her second visit, she was told only whites were allowed to become members.

    Elizabeth Okoro said she was stunned by the utterances by the restaurant official and vowed to resist any attempt to discriminate against blacks in Ghana or any other part of Africa.

    She then blew the alarm through social network sites in a bid to raise awareness.

    It appears her steadfastness has yielded dividend with government taking a prompt action against the restaurant, albeit with a different reason.

    Deputy Tourism Minister James Agyenim Boateng has visited the restaurant and told Joy News’ Israel Laryea the restaurant has been closed down.

    He said the Atlantic Lobster and Dolphins Ltd is operating as a catering service and should have registered with the Ghana Tourism Board.

    He said the closure is not premised on the allegations of racial discrimination but failure by the company to adhere to legislative instrument.

    According to the deputy Minister, the Italian owner confirmed making the racial comments but described it only as a joke.

    James Agyenim Boateng said that joke cannot be made at our own backyard.

    However, the Italian owner in an interview with Joy News’ Araba Koomson denied being racist.

    Anthony Daliou said he is married to a Ghanaian wife who has a Ghanaian baby and could not have made such a racist comment.

    http://edition.myjoyonline.com/pages...1111/75738.php
    A joke my red white and blue plus red yellow and green and black star skinny asssss.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

    Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY


  18. #18
    Akosua
    Guest

    Default 'Whites only' restaurant in Ghana closed down

    Government has closed down a seafood restaurant in Osu, Accra for breaching Ghana’s tourism laws.

    The Atlantic Lobster and Dolphins Ltd is also alleged to be operating a policy of racial discrimination.

    Elizabeth Okoro, a young woman with Ghanaian and Nigerian parentage accused the Italian owner of the restaurant of making racist comments.

    According to her, she visited the restaurant with her Spanish friend but was shocked to learn that the restaurant was opened to whites only.

    She explained the owners of the restaurant were operating a new policy in which only whites were allowed to register and become members of the club.

    When she attempted to register to become a member on her second visit, she was told only whites were allowed to become members.

    Elizabeth Okoro said she was stunned by the utterances by the restaurant official and vowed to resist any attempt to discriminate against blacks in Ghana or any other part of Africa.

    She then blew the alarm through social network sites in a bid to raise awareness.

    It appears her steadfastness has yielded dividend with government taking a prompt action against the restaurant, albeit with a different reason.

    Deputy Tourism Minister James Agyenim Boateng has visited the restaurant and told Joy News’ Israel Laryea the restaurant has been closed down.

    He said the Atlantic Lobster and Dolphins Ltd is operating as a catering service and should have registered with the Ghana Tourism Board.

    He said the closure is not premised on the allegations of racial discrimination but failure by the company to adhere to legislative instrument.

    According to the deputy Minister, the Italian owner confirmed making the racial comments but described it only as a joke.

    James Agyenim Boateng said that joke cannot be made at our own backyard.

    However, the Italian owner in an interview with Joy News’ Araba Koomson denied being racist.

    Anthony Daliou said he is married to a Ghanaian wife who has a Ghanaian baby and could not have made such a racist comment.

  19. #19
    Akosua
    Guest

    Default

    ..... and the owner is getting dragged to court! Lets see how "good" our justice system really is

  20. #20
    Moderator Q' lypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chengdu, China
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    ok. He meant what he said. Cutie, are you ok now?
    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    .........Jiddu Krishnamurti

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Q' lypse View Post
    ok. He meant what he said. Cutie, are you ok now?
    hahhahhaaha bro woa wo nim s3 nsemfo ahi.......and this definitely is one of them....)m) ne dam ...s3 3y3 joke.....ne ho fii bi
    Stop Judging me by YOUR standards and way of life....MINE is different




  22. #22
    Akosua
    Guest

    Default

    Racism is definitely not something to be joking around. Especially when people got lynched and murdered for the color of their skin. When women were raped and pregnant women slaughtered like animals, because some idiots felt being white made them better than another race.

    Ain't nothing funny about that. I hope he gets it good.

  23. #23
    Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Asamankese,Japan
    Posts
    7,539

    Default


    When DAILY GUIDE visited the restaurant opposite the Casino Club at Osu Papaye Down, the place was indeed closed down as suggested by many as the Ghana Tourism Authority notices were posted on the building.

    The notices asked members of the public not to patronize the place.

    Several notices of closure posters were posted on the restaurant’s gate by the Authority, warning the public not to use the facility.

    A resident who pleaded anonymity said that the facility was owned by an Italian called Anthony Daliou who is said to be married to a Ghanaian wife and has a Ghanaian baby.
    She noted that “only white people are entertained here and wondered why it operated for so long until now.”
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

    Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY


  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akosua View Post
    Racism is definitely not something to be joking around. Especially when people got lynched and murdered for the color of their skin. When women were raped and pregnant women slaughtered like animals, because some idiots felt being white made them better than another race.

    Ain't nothing funny about that. I hope he gets it good.
    Tell me about it sister.......nansins
    Stop Judging me by YOUR standards and way of life....MINE is different




  25. #25
    Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Asamankese,Japan
    Posts
    7,539

    Default Trouble looms for closed ‘whites only’ club in Ghana


    Following the closure of the Atlantic Lobster and Dolphin Ltd, the Ministry of Tourism is requesting the Ghana Immigration Service to further investigate the owners to ascertain whether or not they are in breach of any other laws of the country.

    According to a letter requesting the Director of Immigration to do those checks, once the owners have breached some laws of the land it is possible that other laws might have been breached.

    The Deputy Tourism Minister James Agyenim-Boateng confirmed their intentions to Citi News and explained that “in the instant case, we have seen that clearly they are in breach of our laws, which is operating a restaurant without license."

    “We have also found out that for the period that they operated as a restaurant and did not issue Value Added Tax invoices to their customers, following from that we have seen that they have breached these laws, we think that we need to investigate thoroughly to find out if there are any other laws that they are in breach of."

    He added: “We want to send a clear sign to the business community that the laws are meant to be respected and regardless of who you are, where you are coming from or which sector you are operating, you’ve got to be subservient to the laws of Ghana. ”


    By: Citifmonline. com
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

    Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY


+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •