+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the most challenging book you have ever read?

Default What is the most challenging book you have ever read?

I have several. As far as depth and vocabulary I had a hard time with Bleak House by Charles Dickens. It was like I could almost sense his state of mind when he wrote it.

Wuthering Heights took me a bit of time.

The Blind Watchmaker was very interesting, because of its content, but I think ultimately no book could possibly be anything less than a personal adventure.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

The Art of War, by Sun Tzu. The strategic thinking and philosophical anecdotes were technically challenging and time consuming. This book has since been the bible next to my Bible.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

Wuthering Heights and Anna Karenina were daunting for me to read but by far Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance simply made me pull my hair.

It took me forever and a day to finish reading Franz Fanon's The Wretched of The Earth because Im one of those need to understand references made readers-it seemed like each page had 10 historical events that I wanted to followup on. But Im glad I finished it, truely.

all go to the same place ;all come from dust and to the dust all return. who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?
    ecclesiastes 3:20-21 :-x

I still haven't read the Art of War pope, but a lot of people have recommended it so i have to give it a try. Fashion Yaa you read Anna Karena? Phwoarr! I have tried many times but haven't been able to read past the first chapter. A daunting book. Thumbs up.

For me, i think Umberto Eco writes the most daunting books. In The Name Of The Rose, was one crazy book.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

Reading Machiavelli's The Prince and Sun Tzu's The Art of War makes it more interesting especially for a twisted mind like yours...bruh. haha
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

hahah, Pope. You nailed it because it takes a real genius to decipher my twisted mind. I have The Prince on my shelf, which i thoroughly enjoyed.

BBoy T

Anselm of Canterbury: The Major Works St. Anselm. This book is IMO the most difficult and incredibly full of BS. But if you like questions of Christian origin and faith and status of the devil,like i dO, then this is a pretty cool read.

Another one is Devils,Women and Jews. I had to keep a dictionary on the side whiles reading.You will have to look up not less than 20 words per page. A great book !

bump

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information