+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should immigrants in essence forget where they are from?

Default Should immigrants in essence forget where they are from?

Should immigrants leave behind the politics and turmoil of their old country once they move to a new land, or do you feel it is natural to have an intellectual, emotional, and political connection to your former home?

Well for me...there is no way I'm forgetting a land I lived in for over twenty something years......its my heart no matter how bad I think or anyone else thinks it is. Thats the land of my birth and even if I hold the documentation for another country....I'll still be a Ghanaian from heart.

I'm still concerned about what happens in Ghana because I still got family there whether close or extended.......still got ma apron strings attached.

There are some who are born to parents from that land but have never lived there before and yet they feel connected but its still up to every individual.
    Last edited by CuTiEbABy; 17th September 2010 at 07:29 PM.

Super Moderator Pope Bitterz D'Alomo's Avatar

It all depends on the individual's choices. Some tend to forget about their roots for reasons best known to themselves.ie political,socio-economic etc. Where one finds himself for political reasons may spur him on to either cut or keep ties with their homeland for obvious reasons. Past experiences or nostalgia is a contributory factor here and as earlier stated it's all based on individual choices and experiences.
    Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Ignorance can be educated,drunkenness sobered,craziness medicated but there is no cure for STUPIDITY

You know, home is home.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information