PDA

View Full Version : World Economies Watch Thread!

Q' lypse
2nd October 2011, 09:30 PM
Prepare, its not going to be a safe, its going to be a real bump ride ahead!

I would have liked to post this on the Business forum but I hardly go there and I'm sure most of you don't frequent that forum either. So Mods, allow small.. I would sticky this thread if I was a mod here. This is general forum so a lot of things come here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-nEkpLnsEU

Q' lypse
2nd October 2011, 09:31 PM
Oscar-winning filmmaker, best-selling author,and provocateur laureate Michael Moore joins us for the hour. One of the world’s most acclaimed — and notorious — independent filmmakers and rabble-rousers, his documentary films include Roger and Me; Bowling for Columbine for which he won the Academy Award, Fahrenheit 9/11, SICKO; and Capitalism: A Love Story. In the first part of our interview, Moore talks about the growing "Occupy Wall Street" protests in Lower Manhattan, which he visited on Monday night. "This is literally an uprising of people who have had it," Moore says. "It has already started to spread across the country in other cities. It will continue to spread. ... It will be tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of people ... Their work ahead is not as difficult as other movements in the past ... The majority of Americans are really upset at Wall Street ... So you have already got an army of Americans who are just waiting for somebody to do something, and something has started."

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/9/28/something_has_started_michael_moore_on

ajbabe
2nd October 2011, 09:32 PM
Prepare, its not going to be a safe, its going to be a real bump ride ahead!

I would have liked to post this on the Business forum but I hardly go there and I'm sure most of you don't frequent that forum either. So Mods, allow small.. I would sticky this thread if I was a mod here. This is general forum so a lot of things come here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-nEkpLnsEU

grrrrrrrrrrr hahahaha

Q' lypse
2nd October 2011, 09:33 PM
AJ, why are u laughing

ajbabe
2nd October 2011, 09:39 PM
AJ, why are u laughing

awww nvm

Neo
2nd October 2011, 11:29 PM
Lol, i saw this on BBC and laughed my ass off. I must say though, that, there is some truth to what he is saying even though i sense sarcasm in his opinion.

Fashion Yaa
2nd October 2011, 11:50 PM
Well well. Its all about savings n network marketing...he has this everyman for himself type tone

Q' lypse
3rd October 2011, 07:33 AM
Lol, i saw this on BBC and laughed my ass off. I must so though, that, there is some truth to what he is saying even though i sense sarcasm in his opinion.

Some truth? Bro, this was predicted, even when the stimulus package and bail outs were at work. Its been said Obama only postponed the pending doom! But to hear this bluntly from a Wall Street man? Damn! Its like in your face. But we all live to see.

Q' lypse
3rd October 2011, 07:43 AM
...he has this everyman for himself type tone

He is from Wall street man dear. Apparently these are people who are ruthless, they don't care about the rest of the world, to them they gamble money, its a game, people to them are just numbers. You should watch the documentary "Inside Job" (it won this year's Oscar for best documentary). I can send it to you if you like. There is a psychiatrist who was assigned to Wall Street employees. In the documentary he talks about his patients on wall street. He said those people are like robots, they are like machines with no blood running through them, that is why they can work in such a place. Plus, most of them are cocaine addicts, visiting brothels every night. Its scary how these guys run the world, meanwhile they don't even care about the human being.

Fashion Yaa
3rd October 2011, 08:29 AM
He is from Wall street man dear. Apparently these are people who are ruthless, they don't care about the rest of the world, to them they gamble money, its a game, people to them are just numbers. You should watch the documentary "Inside Job" (it won this year's Oscar for best documentary). I can send it to you if you like. There is a psychiatrist who was assigned to Wall Street employees. In the documentary he talks about his patients on wall street. He said those people are like robots, they are like machines with no blood running through them, that is why they can work in such a place. Plus, most of them are cocaine addicts, visiting brothels every night. Its scary how these guys run the world, meanwhile they don't even care about the human being.oh id like that very much my paddy. Email me the movie please

Fashion Yaa
12th October 2011, 10:07 AM
I give the filmINSIDE JOB 3stars in how it tells the story of Iceland's financial meltdown domino effect coupled with wallstreet's obsession with derivatives(investing in something knowN full well it will fail so as to benefit from a pay-back scheme).

Its not too preachy which I liked, it kind of left me wanting to find out more though:

:eagerness:1. Why does the IMF find it hard to monitor the activities of Wall Street cum USA? what is the genesis of thisleggdragging
Part of the film that stands out is an IMF rep apologizing for intruding on USA Laws<<-----Well if its a way to get the truth why not allow immunity incases of sifting out Wall Street activities?

:GB_bonesrock:2. Iceland brininging large multinationals was the root of the the melt down-greed which leads me to ask.....What is a smelter, and why is it bad for the environment? I quite remember former pres Kufour wanted to bring such a venture to Ghana citing more jobs and in my nation of birth T&T former Prime Minister Richards tried to bring one but Trinis mounted a campaign against it.....

:nightmare:3. The film left me questioning the motives of companies that come baring plans with more jobs to nations achieving success in socioeconomic feats. What exactly should emerging nations like Ghana do to prevent financial/environmental meltdowns?

See INSIDE JOB, I only heard it on audio but I plan to rent it or find it in my local library

He is from Wall street man dear. Apparently these are people who are ruthless, they don't care about the rest of the world, to them they gamble money, its a game, people to them are just numbers. You should watch the documentary "Inside Job" (it won this year's Oscar for best documentary). I can send it to you if you like. There is a psychiatrist who was assigned to Wall Street employees. In the documentary he talks about his patients on wall street. He said those people are like robots, they are like machines with no blood running through them, that is why they can work in such a place. Plus, most of them are cocaine addicts, visiting brothels every night. Its scary how these guys run the world, meanwhile they don't even care about the human being.

Q' lypse
14th October 2011, 09:05 AM
ehi Yaa, you really went into it. Good stuff, you really absorbed it :lemo: