PDA

View Full Version : Peccatum Sodomiticum

Neo
22nd August 2011, 12:34 PM
“If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. The blood-guiltiness is upon them”—Leviticus 20:13.

I lift my ‘holy’ pen today to discuss an issue that has generated a lot of heat in recent times. Both the electronic and print media have been inundated with articles and discussions on the subject. I join the debate today because there is no over-flogging an important issue.

http://photos.peacefmonline.com/photos/news/201005/981697628_406934.jpg

The origin of homosexuality is still not known. It may have started long before the time of Prophet Lot. But Biblical and Quranic accounts tell us it became a cancer during Lot’s time. Both the Bible and the Qur’an have unambiguously condemned the act.

The quote above is one of the many passages in the Holy Bible which clearly condemn homosexuality. Leviticus 18:22 puts it thus: “You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.” Genesis Chapter 19 describes it as ‘Peccatum Sodomiticum’ (Sin of Sodomy).

The Holy Qu’ran too condemns homosexuality in no uncertain terms. Many passages support this fact but I’m pretty sure the Chapter of the Ant (27: 54-55) will suffice: “And Lot said to his people: Do you commit indecencies while you see? Do you lustfully seek men instead of women? Surely you are an ignorant people.”

If you read the passage further, you would learn how Allah punished the people of Sodom and Gomorrah for stubbornly refusing to heed Lot’s wise counsel. Allah rained on them a rain of stones and destroyed their land.

Religion is a matter of faith so I’m not surprised to hear the rotten apples and bananas say the Biblical and Quranic passages are nothing but Kwaku Ananse stories. They say homosexuality is not a sin. They also argue that it should not be criminalized because it is their sexual orientation.

Frankly, I do not have a problem with that. What two adults decide to do in their bedrooms should not be our concern. One can argue that fornication and adultery are immoral acts, yet we live with fornicators and adulterers. As a matter of fact, most of us are guilty of one or both. It is also an open secret that some heterosexual couples do engage in ---- intercourse. Why then should homosexuals be treated differently?

Homosexuality is being treated differently because, unlike fornicators and adulterers, the rotten apples and bananas want to be given recognition. We do so and by the time we blink an eye, they will be agitating for same-sex marriage to be legalized in this country.

That was how they started in the United States of America. Their agitations started slowly. Gradually, they piled up pressure on the powers that be for recognition. Massachusetts was the first to bow to the pressure and legalize same-sex marriage. As I write, seven other states have followed suit, with New York being the latest.

It beats my imagination how two people of the same sex could be allowed to marry. Why then do we criminalize bestiality? It is their right as well to decide who they mate with, isn’t it? But we express disgust when humans mate with animals, don’t we? We do so because the act is unnatural and defies common sense. It is in the same vein we condemn homosexuality.

There is a section of the country’s Criminal Code which forbids “unnatural carnal knowledge”. Some have interpreted it as frowning on homosexuality. But so-called human rights campaigners and the rotten apples and bananas themselves argue otherwise. They say “unnatural carnal knowledge” is ambiguous and cannot be referring to homosexuality. They claim what is natural to one couple may seem unnatural to another.

These are all semantics, Abusuapanin. We all know that the natural way of mating for both humans and animals is between a male and a female. So any other form, male-male or female-female, is unnatural. They can try to justify the unjustifiable but that can never make it right.

A prostitute openly soliciting on the Red Light Street in Amsterdam is a common sight because it has been legalized. But does that make prostitution right? Naked beaches with females advertising their God-given properties and males with dangling langa-langas are also a common sight in Germany. It is their right but the action is irrational.

Certainly, it is the right of homosexuals to decide who they mate with. But that does not alter the fact that same-sex mating is sinful and defies common sense.

Perhaps, it is the reason why some hold the opinion that homosexuals are suffering from a kind of mental illness. Dr. Akwasi Osei, Chief Psychiatrists at the Nkrankrom Psychiatric Hospital, subscribes to that belief. Looking at the likes of Plato, Michel Angelo and Elton John, who have had series of bouts with depression, I’m tempted to believe the theory.

I therefore urge my compatriots not to condemn the rotten apples and bananas. Rather, we should all remember them in our prayers in order to save our society from eternal damnation.

In whatever form they come, rapists, pedophiles, bestials or homosexuals, we pray to the God Lord to deliver us from such destroyers of a nation’s peace and way of life. And our leaders are reminded to behave like the God-fearing persons they claim to be. Lest the Biblical and Quranic prophecies make us gnash our teeth.

Say a prayer for them anytime you go on your knees!

Source: Daily guide (Editorial)