PDA

View Full Version : Is there any market for home alarm system ?

vstarsecurityghana
22nd July 2011, 04:03 PM
I wondering if there is a big potential market in Ghana for home alarm system ?

As I know, home alarm system can reduce the burglary and fire disaster effectively, keep out strangers and protect your home and premises.

Any official figure about the ghana home crime rate ?

survivor1
4th August 2011, 11:58 PM

As I know, home alarm system can reduce the burglary and fire disaster effectively, keep out strangers and protect your home and premises.

I would like to know the answer to that question also. In my area of the US alarm companies are doing well. Maybe it's because our crime rate is up also. What I would like to also add with the home alarm system is an emergency button for my elderly mother who now lives with me. I have to be gone during the day and it's worrisome if she would need help.

vstarsecurityghana
8th August 2011, 05:49 AM
Asian stock markets dip on global economic growth fear. OK, very very bad news.
Now we are looking for the opportunities in Ghana for our home alarm system

African countries is the emerging market for many of countries. China is third investor in African countries business.

Quaiqu Ananse
14th September 2011, 11:30 AM

There is a definite potential market for burglar alarm and fire alarm system, especially since Ghanaians are generally becoming increasing security conscious.
I am aware that there is a law in the offing to make it compulsory to insure residential and commercial properties. I am sure that this will compel property owners to install these monitoring and alarm systems as this might get them better premiums with the insurance companies. Infact I think that the insurance companies will encourage the property owner to install these systems.

I am currently working on proposals for burglar alarm systems for a couple of my clients and I'll just purchase the systems on the open market.

If you have a product you want to try out, do get in touch and we might be able to help you test market it.

My advise will always be to test market any product you want to introduce, since the Ghanaian consumers are very sophisticated. In my expereince it is always best to carry out extensive market feasibility lest you get your fingers badly burnt. This would usually involve more than just crime statistics. The crime statistics you should be able to get from the Ghana Police Service or the Ministry of Interior.