PDA

View Full Version : Who wins at Ghana Gospel Industry Awards? No Tribe, Cecelia Marfo, Ernest Opoku et al



Neo
10th July 2011, 11:16 PM
A keen contest for honours is anticipated tonight at the National Theatre where Ghana makes a first attempt at Gospel Music-specific industry awards, championed by Adom 106.3 FM to encourage excellence in the gospel music industry.

With the likes of No Tribe, Cecelia Marfo and Ernest Opoku as well as the collaborative acts of Florence Obinim and Princess Ifeoma and then Cee/Isaac/Ampong all on the cards, the industry can only be the winner.

http://news.myjoyonline.com/photos/news/No%20Tribe_Dede.jpg

After releasing the nominations list for the much talked about awards, Adom 106.3FM says it has gone to every length to line up an elaborate ceremony to ensure that patrons at the novelty event have their time and monies worth.

The awards nominations in 17 categories cover gospel musical activities like songs, videos and albums.

The academy of industry monitors and players that released the final nominations will account for 60% of votes with the remaining 40% being determined by the general public vote (via sms txt).

Final Nominations
http://news.myjoyonline.com/photos/news/Florence%20Obinim.jpg



The final nominations has Cecelia Marfo, who shot to fame with the popular Afunumu Ba track, received seven nominations spread across the public voting and the academy voting categories.

She received nominations for Album of the Year; Song of the Year; Artiste of the Year; Popular Video of the Year; Female Vocalist of the Year; Best Gospel Song Writer of the Year and Collaboration of the Year.

No Tribe is in strong contention for Album of the Year; Artiste of the Year and Popular Video of the Year. The leader of the group, Nacy is also the frontrunner for the Gospel Sound Engineer of the Year and Gospel Producer of the Year awards respectively.

Florence Obinim and Princess Ifeoma are also strong contenders for the Album of the Year and Song of the Year awards respectively. The pair could also pick the Collaboration of the Year and Popular Video of the Year awards with the God Never Fails track.

The New Artiste of the Year category is a straight fight between Herty Borngreat, Nana Akorsa and Cwasi Oteng, with the Frimpong Brothers as the outsiders.

One of the hottest categories will be the Collaboration of the Year, where Ceccy Twum/Nacy, Florence Obinim/Princess Ifeoma, Cecelia Marfo/Ernest Opoku and Cee/Isaac/Ampong will slug it out.

The GGIA will also honour two outstanding personalities who have contributed immensely to the growth and development of the gospel industry with Honorary Awards.


Story by Myjoyonline.com/Ghana