PDA

View Full Version : If God is timeless...

The Informer
7th June 2011, 11:16 PM
When looking at the old testament it is thought and said, from Christians in my area, that God was so grumpy and fueled by blood sacrifices because it was "before Jesus." I am sure many of you have heard this argument by a Christian at some point. Basically everything that has ever happened in the past was before Jesus so its all "A okay."

Besides the fact that murder isn't okay just because it was "before Jesus", it also simply makes no sense at all. Considering that the Bible describes God as infinite and timeless, that would mean that despite the fact that Jesus hadn't yet died in our time, he would have already died for us from Gods timeless perspective.

Considering this how exactly do modern Christians explain the murder of an old guy on the sabbath for picking up sticks?

Q' lypse
8th June 2011, 05:48 PM
Im not sure I understand all the time confusion before and after Jesus remixes. Seems like the last statement is what the whole thing is about?

Lady √ Macbeth
12th June 2011, 04:45 AM
Im not sure I understand all the time confusion before and after Jesus remixes. Seems like the last statement is what the whole thing is about?

Are you waiting for a "yes" to set off your siren?

Q' lypse
12th June 2011, 08:27 AM
Are you waiting for a "yes" to set off your siren?

lol, was it really necessary to take this swipe? oh Mac