PDA

View Full Version : How to Make Kelewele

Fashion Yaa
4th June 2011, 01:20 PM
After years of trying to uncover the secret
spices used in Kelewele. Ive done it!!!!

Cayenne Pepper, Cinamon, Ginger, Salt, water
and of course "super"(and Im talking like dark exterior)
ripped plantain or as my local latin
America food seller calls it macho banana.

If you choose to use real ginger, make sure to
sift it or use a descent seeve that will allow you
to dispose of the fiberous components or the paste ginger after it has been blended.
Don't use too much water, ensure that the combination
of spices has a thick consistancy before adding the chopped
ripped plantain.

Fry the combination in oil at extremely high heat. Or you can indeed put it in the broiler or oven, on wax paper....the problem is you have to keep checking to make sure it don't burn believe me it aint fun this way but its healthier. I know there are other recipies out there but believe me anytime
Im in Ghana I ask but they never want to reveal the secret, if you know of any, please do tell

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
4th June 2011, 01:48 PM
hahahahahahahaha
macho banana.

Fashionista,you got my mouth watery early this morning.I'm imagining Kelewele with peanut sprinkles mmmm. I used to have my mum make me kelewele then i'll grab a whole jar of Jiffy peanut butter and make a healthy mess in my mouth. hahaha

Fashion Yaa
8th June 2011, 01:14 AM
lolz, yeah that nicknamemacho bananacaught me off-guard as well :)

Dangggggg Pope, you on a whole other level with the jiffy peanut butter, Imma haveta try it that way....
hahahahahahahaha

Fashionista,you got my mouth watery early this morning.I'm imagining Kelewele with peanut sprinkles mmmm. I used to have my mum make me kelewele then i'll grab a whole jar of Jiffy peanut butter and make a healthy mess in my mouth. hahaha