View Full Version : Abducted Baby Found In Flower Pot

10th May 2011, 11:41 PM
The new-born girl who was abducted from the Barnor Hospital at Laterbiokorshie in Accra a day after her birth two weeks ago has been reunited with her parents.

The baby, the hospital authorities said, was abandoned in a flower pot at the hospital at 4 a.m. yesterday wrapped in the same cot sheet in which she had disappeared. Her abductor(s), in a bid to disguise her, gave her a haircut and also removed her earrings.

“We feel relieved to have our daughter back and we know it’s a miracle that has the hand of God written all over it,” an overwhelmed Mr. Mike Sefa Kissi, the baby’s father, told the Daily Graphic. “We give the glory to God. It is an attestation that we serve a great God and He will never abandon us in our moment of need,” he added.

According to him, “due to the circumstances surrounding the conception and birth of the child, the family was of the belief that nothing could happen to her because we serve a living God.”
When the Daily Graphic arrived at the hospital, it was a sight of spontaneous jubilation as the church and family members of the Medical Director, Dr. Aramansah Barnor Forjoe, arrived in their numbers singing and dancing to the glory of God.

A visibly elated Dr. Forjoe, clad in white, with a handkerchief in hand, told the Daily Graphic, “I feel vindicated and I give all the glory to God, for He has answered all our prayers and intercessions”.
“I have children of my own and I know how it feels not knowing the whereabouts of your child. I woke up every morning with a knot in my stomach and not knowing how to approach the issue. But God knew best,” she exclaimed.

She said to ensure that the baby was well, she would be sent to the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital for a thorough check-up and a DNA test.
“We do not know where she was taken to or what she was fed with, so it is important that we take all the precautions to ensure that nothing untoward happens,” Dr. Forjoe said.

Narrating the events leading to the finding of the baby, she said early in the morning of yesterday, a taxi arrived with a patient and the security officer on duty had to open the gate to let the patient in. “While he was stepping out to go back to his duty post, it started drizzling and so he sat on one of the chairs. A few minutes later, he heard the scream of a baby outside and went to find out what was happening. Lo and behold, it was the baby,” an excited Dr Forjoe said, beaming with smiles.

The baby was said to have disappeared from the hospital, allegedly stolen by an old lady who had been seen lurking around for three continuous days under the guise of visiting a patient. The woman allegedly vanished after the disappearance of the baby. The Daily Graphic of yesterday reported that Mr. Kissi had threatened legal action against the hospital for neglect.
Source: Daily Graphic

12th May 2011, 02:20 AM
Hmmm strange things that happen. Thank God the child has been re-united with her parents. Some are not that fortunate.

12th May 2011, 02:26 AM
Lack of security in some Ghanaian hospitals. the hospital really need to be sued but how effective are our Ghanaian laws

12th May 2011, 08:07 AM
Yes , Its not good , All is well that ends well , But it may never be in such way , There should be proper laws,attention,responsibility . Government needs to take serious decision to implement the law.