PDA

View Full Version : Arnold Schwarzenegger: I'm Sad I'm Not Young Anymore

Neo
19th April 2011, 10:55 PM
http://photos.peacefmonline.com/photos/news/201010/771152066_653703.jpg
Arnold Schwarzenegger has been busy since he left the California governor's office in January.

Among other things, he's traveled to South America with director pal James Cameron; attended a Scorpions concert in Moscow with former USSR President Mikhail Gorbachev; and been immortalized as a comic book superhero known as The Governator.

But while his life seems pretty great from the outside, Schwarzenegger confesses in the latest Newsweek that he has trouble looking at himself in the mirror these days--though it's not because of the sorry fiscal shape in which he left California. Rather, it seems the 63-year-old ex-governor is having trouble coming to terms with the fact he's getting old.

"I feel terrific about where I am in my life, when I look back at what I've accomplished," the former governor tells Lloyd Grove. "But I feel so sh*tty when I look at myself in the mirror."

Indeed, Schwarzenegger is a long way from his days as Conan the Barbarian. He's heavier, and his perpetually spray-tanned face is accentuated with crow's feet. But he's still in decent shape for a guy his age--not that Schwarzenegger sees that.

"I'm not competing, I'm not ripping off my shirt and trying to sell the body," the former governor frets. "But when I stand in front of the mirror and really look, I wonder: What the f*ck happened here? Jesus Christ. What a beating!"

Ironically, Schwarzenegger's comments come just a few months after his oldest daughter, Katherine, authored a book aimed at helping young women deal with body-image issues. In her book, Katherine Schwarzenegger, who is 20, admitted that she had been "self-conscious" about her weight and other issues during high school, but, with the help of her parents, had come to embrace both her inner and outer beauty.

It's a favor she might have to repay to her father, who is apparently coming to grips with his own body issues.

SOURCE: Yahoo News

CuTiEbABy
20th April 2011, 12:47 PM
Suck it up Governor....its called growing up and taking care of yourself well.

Q' lypse
20th April 2011, 01:23 PM
usually those of us who became popular bcuz of our bodies are kinda identified with it. Im losing my hair and I find it hard to deal with it. It my favorite asset :o

CuTiEbABy
20th April 2011, 09:34 PM
usually those of us who became popular bcuz of our bodies are kinda identified with it. Im losing my hair and I find it hard to deal with it. It my favorite asset :o

You are growing bro....that's what age does....deal with it......hehhehehehe.

We all have issues that are associated with us aging so take it in your stride.......though hard to deal with.

BTW....errrmmmm so you were popular for what? ......I think I missed that memo...fill me in.

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
20th April 2011, 09:35 PM
Hmm this age thing....

Fashion Yaa
20th April 2011, 10:05 PM
yea my feeling is that The Governator is just finally learning to accept being old...its always good to have a vision of what you think your OLD age will look like so as not to have this denial this famous figure is having

Like for me, I knw the woment in my family live till 90+ so Im preping my self

Q' lypse
20th April 2011, 10:27 PM
You are growing bro....that's what age does....deal with it......hehhehehehe.

We all have issues that are associated with us aging so take it in your stride.......though hard to deal with.

BTW....errrmmmm so you were popular for what? ......I think I missed that memo...fill me in.

Modelling. Won new face South Africa, 2001, males.

Chapati
21st April 2011, 09:51 PM
everyone grows old but not moi