PDA

View Full Version : Highly Recommended Books: Quophie Aleste suggestion

Fashion Yaa
31st March 2011, 03:48 AM
No I have not read those books but I will look them up and see if they ring a bell.

Edwidge Dandicat's books are definatly my favorites, if you get a chance to do books on tape with her book Krik Krak, you will get real sense of life on the ground for Haitians.

I like books written by the late E. Lynn Harris because never have I seen a man write about issues men deal with the way he does. Albait a slew of his works are about non-heterosexual men but the fact remains in terms of gender.

Bill Cosby has a homourous mind and somehow his books are hard to read but latter in life you appreciate that mix.

Ama Atta Aidoo is by far the best when it comes to writing about issues of gender in Ghana, her book Changes really touched me.

Paulo Cuelho has a beautiful mind, his books remain a treasure for me, I feel everyone on the planet has to read The Alchemist.

Quophi Aletse
2nd April 2011, 10:14 PM
ama atta aidoo??? you read ghanaian novels ...... cool ..... will check ama's book out .....

cuelho is practically automatic for most people ..... i have read practically all his books .... brida, alchemist, veronica wants to die, the devil and miss prym..... etc he has a some new books out which i will probably check out in the summer ..... wonderful author who writes from his soul ......

havent heard of lynn harris ..... duly noted .....

bill cosby .... lolol .... nice

thanks for the sharing fashion yaa

Fashion Yaa
3rd April 2011, 04:26 AM
;) anytime. Thanks for the tips on other Cuelho books...Alchemist was just re-released with illustrations, and I plan to buy that one. I would like to recommend the book Basketball Jones followed by What Becomes of The Broken Hearted by E. Lynn Harris.