PDA

View Full Version : The Seasons of Beento Blackbird by Akosua Busia

Fashion Yaa
22nd March 2011, 07:32 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSijhESJhgZlXXpAI_J52YOK1isdjF0R n62jVroQ8EQ7syp5aSPkQhttp://s11.acephotos.org/images/orig/1/d/1drnqz1rhv4k1krh.jpg

Okay this is an oldie but goodie by an author who needs no introduction but to remind you, Akosua Busia is an acclaimed actress internationally, most notably for The Color Purple, Ashanti(I digress but this is a film she did about the Arab slave trade, which i think is her best), Rosewood, Tears of The Sun....In any case, The Seasons of Beento Blackbird is a book she wrote when she was in her 20's I believe and for me what I liked about it is the comical and visual aspects of it. Its a kind of dramatic tale about a so called Afrocentric man that juggles two women on two continents. The story focusses more on the main woman, a lady in Ghana who has to make the decision to move on or stay for the sack of thier child. In it you will find issues women deal with in long distance relationships and the people affected by it which includes friends who may feel a kindred feeling to the person involved in what seems like an unfair institution of commitment. Ahh, well, its a good read with lots of imagery that I am sure will make it to the big screen

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
22nd March 2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks Fashionista, never heard of this one until you brought it up. I am a huge fan and will look for this book for my Kindle.

Fashion Yaa
22nd March 2011, 04:13 PM
nice....I think its time I do the Kindle dance too. the members at my book club(some of which are 3times my age) have it as well as Nook!!! let me know if you find the book in there please

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
24th March 2011, 02:17 PM
Amazon has the audio CD version and the ebook. I got it on my Kindle now. Thanks again, fashionista. :)

Fashion Yaa
24th March 2011, 02:28 PM
ohh who would have thought, this will make the story even richer especially when it gets to the visually rich parts "ancestors girded and ready" or think that's how she says it, i just remember that in the book she says this a lot in relation to the Ghanaian woman .....good look Pope
Amazon has the audio CD version and the ebook. I got it on my Kindle now. Thanks again, fashionista. :)