PDA

View Full Version : What is your opinion of what is happening in Libya?

Neo
20th March 2011, 12:52 AM
Another Iraq?

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
20th March 2011, 04:27 AM
This is definitely Iraq 2.0, the difference is the USA deciding not to go gung-ho like many were expecting. My concern is this, how will the allied forces differentiate between the rebels and Ghaddafi's forces on the ground, especially when the rebels are not an organized side ?Cleaning up the mess will be a daunting task when the dust settles.

Had Reagan blown Ghaddafi up when he had the chance this nonsense wouldn't have happened.

Q' lypse
20th March 2011, 08:14 AM
What do I think? I was pretty neutral on it until these bombings. I've seen some of my fb friends saying US is going to start bombing Libya and I was wondering 'what?' But it turns out its not only US, some countries are involved too as this morning I read about it. Now what do I think of the latest development, Hmmm. Just sighing man, just sighing...

Q' lypse
20th March 2011, 08:17 AM
Had Reagan blown Ghaddafi up when he had the chance this nonsense wouldn't have happened.

chalay, when it comes to the Arab world you can't really say oo. Humans are unpredictable so I would just hold on to what I think would have happened. There are many choices in life............ many

Neo
20th March 2011, 12:02 PM
The UN Security Council is shambolic. It has lost its significance and should be scrapped. Clearly, the agenda here is oil. Under the guise of protecting civilians they have embarked on a regime change exercise which contravenes resolution 1973( a purely humanitarian directive).

How else is Gaddafi supposed to respond if being fired on by "armed" militia? He should sit there and do nothing and allow them to attack the government?

In as much as i abhor Gaddafi and his brutal regime, i think the UN's double standard is aplay here.

Did they bomb Israel when they launched a campaign against so called insurgents in Gaza?

Why did they not send troops to Kenya or Zimbabwe in similar circumstances?

Remember Darfuor? I get it.

Look at Yemen and Bahrain, these governments have launched a serious crackdown and killing their own citizens as we speak. Have they attacked Bharain? Saudi Arabia has even sent troops to Bahrain to help crackdown on protesters while the whole world watches.

Currently, civilians are dying in Lybia as a result of this ostensible civilian saving mission. Don't buy the bullshit. It is all about the OIL. They want to remove Gaddafi and install their stooge and set the oil prices.

Nothing new.

Fashion Yaa
22nd March 2011, 08:07 AM
I blame all of this on Ghadafi's son's especially Sa'd, who is the most intelligent one of his children. He was trying everything to put Libya in a good light in the eyes of the world but failed to convince his father to transition the nation akine to what China has done. He focused to much on economics and living it up with the movies stars and rappers/singers all in the name of false PR when at the surface of it all he had to do was take things from where his dad was strong.

I wish Ghadafi had not mounted an assault on his own people, I feel like his speeches about the youth smoking that indo was so condenscending and out of character for him. I also think its highly possible that AlQueda was outsource(by who I have no idea) to Libya else, they'd have no reason to go there.

There seems to be 3 sides to Ghadafi and even if he is to secure power again(which seems likely with the Arab League now flipflopping going against the no fly zone enforement) his reputation is forever tarnished.

There is the Pan African side( he was definately against aparthied and all for the unification of Africa),
the Pan Arab side( it is only recently that Ive learned that Libyans are laughed at in the Arab world, truely wanted Libyan oil to remain in Libyan side),
the 21st Century Leader(I remember being in Ghana when he came to town by road and being like wow, here's a guy that's different and he even has a slew of woman bodyguards-which now I think might be a way to keep him from getting bombed cause of the universal rule of "no women no kids").

The real losers in this whole scenario has to be AU, I mean now Ghadafi see's that sub-saharan Africa never really cared about his who Pan African agenda because not one leader was willing to stand up for him. Think of it, here's a guy that pumps millions into various sub-saharan african nations(Ghana included) and no one stands up for him. This only adds to the distrust between Arabs and Africans. Also loosers in this, the pro-ousting of Ghanadafi supporters in Benghazi and other parts of Libya who killed black Africans just because they assumed they were working for Ghadafi.

I pray and hope President Obama hands over no fly zone to the Arab League, let Arabs finally deal with their issues instead of waiting for the west to come in and mash up the place(while secretly supporting it, its common knowledge that Saudi Arabia, Iran did not like Sadam Husein) then outwardly denouceing the west whilse they could have been proactive in dealing with the issues.

Fashion Yaa
22nd March 2011, 08:24 AM
Neo said: In as much as i abhor Gaddafi and his brutal regime, i think the UN's double standard is aplay here.

Q'Lypse said: I've seen some of my fb friends saying US is going to start bombing Libya and I was wondering 'what?'

Pope said: My concern is this, how will the allied forces differentiate between the rebels and Ghaddafi's forces on the ground, especially when the rebels are not an organized side ?

I agree ya'll. The UN is like AU, almost useless and undependable in matters of affecting change, its irksome but I like that for once all organizations involved were in agreement it has a lot to do with Ban Ki Moon's forsight and diplomatic skills.

I too did not think there would be a no fly zone put in place, I honestly felt it would be another Dafur situation, misunderstandings galore.

The precision of the no fly zone targets is indicative of CIA, MI6, DGSE, KGB.....presence in Libya. No country even an isolated one like Cuba is free from these secret service organizations, this I truely believe....dang, I wonder if Cuba is next?

Doesn't seem like anytime a psedo-popular leader speaks against an American president something happens to them like Ghadaffi once said Obama may have black skin but he could the same as all other US presidents......Sadam Husien once said something defamatory against Bush senior so Bush junior was motivated to lead that shock and awe campaign ......

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
22nd March 2011, 01:22 PM
As we speak countless Libyan people are dying and for what ???????? The very same Ghaddafi who says his people love him and so will fight to defend his people is hiding in some bunker whiles his stooges thug it out in the streets.

This is gonna get messier than Iraq and the freaking AU spineless mofos will sit on their bums with stupid grins on their faces. I am suspicious of all involved at this time Ghaddafi inclusive but most of all Obama.