PDA

View Full Version : Death Threats Issued Against Hannah Bissiw

Neo
8th March 2011, 11:00 PM
Deputy Water Resources, Works and Housing Minister Dr Hannah Louisa Bissiw claims some alleged supporters of her boss are threatening to kill her. Dr Bissiw has told Citi News she has received threatening anonymous calls on her mobile phone from persons who have vowed to harm her if her boss, Hon. Alban Bagbin is sacked by President Mills.

The Chronicle newspaper had claimed in a publication over the past few weeks that Dr Bissiw was scheming for Mr Bagbin’s removal as Minister just as she allegedly schemed for the dismissal of her former boss, Albert Abongo.

But Dr. Bissiw has denied the claims, saying she did not play any role in Hon Abongo’s removal. “They went on to talk about Honourable Abongo’s reshuffle and I think that when it comes to reshuffle, the President spoke about what and how and why he does his reshuffling when he met the press and it’s on record, so nobody can influence the decision of His Excellency the president.”

The publication claimed Dr Bissiw was uncomfortable with Mr Bagbin’s rumoured alliance with former first lady Nana Konadu Agyemang Rawlings, who reportedly, has intentions to contest President Mills in the ruling NDC’s presidential primary.

Dr Bissiw says the allegations and threats on her life smack of cowardice.
“I even receive threats and I just want to say to those people that it is only cowards who threaten people and don’t bring their names out there. "I am under the protection of God Almighty and if God does not allow, no man can touch me.

“Sometimes they call and say 'If honourable Bagbin should move you’d see what would happen to you'...and when you say hello they cut the call... this is not something that would shake me...” she added.

Source: citifmonline.com