PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Woman Bolts With Newlyweds' Presents

Neo
7th March 2011, 08:08 PM
http://photos.peacefmonline.com/photos/news/201103/149323651_738201.jpg
Police at Osu in Accra are hunting for a mystery woman who is said to have bolted with gift items, including cash and cheques belonging to a newly wedded couple.

The woman, believed to be in her late twenties, made away with the items during the wedding reception on Saturday. In what the police describe as a bizarre twist to blissful reception, the lady is said to have posed as a relative to the groom and invited the best man to take a photograph with her.

The best man was in-charge of the gift items but had to temporarily hand over the items to another relative of the groom to grant the demand for a photograph with the fraudster.

The lady soon after taking the photograph with the best man rushed back to the care taker of the gifts and told her the best man had asked her to pick them. That was the last time anyone saw the gifts and the fraudster. Speaking to myjoyonline.com, Richard Benyin, the best man, was unsure what exactly was going on.

“After the refreshment there was time for pictures to be taken between the bride and the bridal party and the families of close friends and relatives.

“So as the pictures were going on a lady offered to take a picture with the best man which happened to be me. I was feeling reluctant to take the photograph with her but once it’s a refreshment and social gathering you never know who it was, I thought she was one of the family members,” he narrated.

“…Before then I had a parcel in my hands containing the envelopes that were given to the bride and the groom so I gave the whole envelope to a woman to take care of so after the picture I will come for it.”

He explained that after the photograph had been taken, he went to prompt the groom that they were keeping too long with the pictures because there was another programme they had to attend to.

“When I went back to take the parcel, the woman that I gave the parcel to, told me that the lady that I took the picture with had taken the bag and everything and has left,” he narrated.

Agnes Arthur, the 'caretaker' also told myjoyonline.com she gave out the gifts to the mystery woman thinking she was with the best man. According to her, when the best man handed over the gifts to her, the mystery woman also added some toffees and told her they would come for the items after the photograph.

She obliged and willingly gave out the items when the woman came back for them. Agnes Arthur expressed shock when the best man returned for the items, by which time the mystery woman had bolted. Initial investigations indicate the suspected fraudster was no relative or friend to Mr and Mrs Gyan - the newlyweds.

The photograph she took with the best man - now the police's tell-tale - has the suspect leaning against the best man with her arms wrapped around his waist. Detective Chief Inspector Emmanuel Klutse at the Osu police station told myjoyonline.com they have begun investigations into the incident but are yet to receive leads to trace the identity of the woman or her whereabouts.

Source: myjoyonline.com

CuTiEbABy
7th March 2011, 08:16 PM
hahahahaha OMG ...someone's goodies.......ooohh this is pathetic.

Hope they find her soon.