PDA

View Full Version : Ghanaians In Libya Want To Come Home

Neo
21st February 2011, 10:14 PM
Some Ghanaian prisoners granted amnesty by the Libyan Leader Muammar-al-Gaddafi are appealing for immediate repatriation to Ghana.

The ex-convicts, some of who spoke to Joy News are petrified following violent anti-government protests in Tripoli and Benghazi which have been extended to the country’s prisons. So far over 100 people have died in the riots, campaign group, Human Rights Watch says.

The Ghanaian ex-convicts fear they will be victims to the violent protests against Col Muammar Gaddafi's four-decade rule if they are not repatriated. They say the Ghana Embassy in Libya has been adamant despite their plea for help and repatriation to Ghana.

“We are in Libya. The condition is becoming more critical. Yesterday they released most of the foreigners and they left, but as for us are here,” one of the ex-convicts said. “Our Ghana embassy here they are not serious at all,” another said, adding, several complaints to the Embassy have gone unheeded.

They are appealing to the President John Mills to come to their aid. Libya is one of several Arab countries to have experienced pro-democracy demonstrations since the fall of long-time Tunisian President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali in January. Egypt's Hosni Mubarak was forced from power on 11 February.

Source: Joy News

Chapati
21st February 2011, 11:32 PM
Sometimes i dont understand why Ghanaians will leave Ghana to live in an arab country like libya........ahhhhhhhh. You chose to go there so stay there for better or for worse.

syc
24th February 2011, 02:52 AM
Sometimes i dont understand why Ghanaians will leave Ghana to live in an arab country like libya........ahhhhhhhh. You chose to go there so stay there for better or for worse.

I do ;)
Well i hear its a very short swim to Europe,..