PDA

View Full Version : What would convince the average atheist that there is a god?

The Informer
6th February 2011, 09:53 AM
Would fire from heaven and a booming voice do it? How about Bible prophecy coming true? What would it take?

Raven Jake
7th February 2011, 09:57 AM
The idea's you present are mutually exclusive. The notion that there is a monotheistic god is an entirely different issue from religion. Perhaps you could endeavor to logically prove there is a God, however you can never really prove that it is the god you hoped for. The vast texts of religion are too far fetched for serious discussion, beyond the abstract 'Faith Beyond Reason' notions. To imply there is a god is an entirely different matter, worthy of discussion.

Q' lypse
7th February 2011, 07:47 PM
Would fire from heaven and a booming voice do it? How about Bible prophecy coming true? What would it take?

I'm not an atheist but I'm an atheist in a way that I don't believe 2 nips about the bad tempered, jealous and proud of it, petty, unjust, unforgiving control freak, vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser, misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicdal, pestilenial, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously bully old testament god.

I for the life of me wouldn't wanna live in that person's kingdom and I'm sure people who don't believe in this god wouldn't wanna live in fear with such an entity.

Which bible prophecy though?