PDA

View Full Version : The Shack

Q' lypse
21st January 2011, 06:33 PM
Has any of you read this book before?

Need help on something....

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
21st January 2011, 07:37 PM
I read The Shack by William P. Young a long time ago. Is it the same book you're talking about ?

Q' lypse
21st January 2011, 09:22 PM
I read The Shack by William P. Young a long time ago. Is it the same book you're talking about ?

Yes.

What happened after he met the trinity? What was so special about that last day?

And what really happened afterwards?

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
22nd January 2011, 02:21 AM
Q, it's been a while since i went through this book. What i vaguely remember is-

After meeting the trinity, Mack was in a car crash. He was hospitalized, unconscious,gained consciousness later but unable to recollect, his memory was in a fog and though he could remember bits and pieces he couldn't pull
his thoughts together to make any sense of what his pals present at his bedside were rambling about the shack he was returning from prior to the accident.After a while he begins to remember starting with the NOTE from Papa, the weekend at the shack etc

He told the sheriff about the revelation Papa gave him about who murdered Missy and where her body was hidden which led to the arrest of the murderer(i don't recall the name )

Which last day are you talking about. can you be more specific ?

Q' lypse
22nd January 2011, 08:54 AM
When he was in the garden with the holy spirit, she told him tomorrow will be a big day. Something like that. But cool, check your inbox. Thanks for this little bit though.

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
22nd January 2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks for bringing this book up.

Q' lypse
27th January 2011, 09:55 AM
Pope thanks for the audio book.

On the positive side, it didn't portray the Christian God as cruel and judgmental...

Unfortunately I have to say this by far the worst book I've read to date. The novel was doing fine until the trinity appeared. The dialogue between them and the so called supernatural visual effects couldn't have been drearier.. oh lord.
My god, the more I read on, the more I listened to the audio, the worse it got and more painful it became going on....cheeeii... Goodness me! Damn!

Good for those who liked the book though....

Fashion Yaa
28th January 2011, 01:21 AM
^lolz the more i read on the worse it got....ouch. lets up the author reads your review and fixes the problem for next time

Q' lypse
28th January 2011, 10:49 AM
^lolz the more i read on the worse it got....ouch. lets up the author reads your review and fixes the problem for next time

It doesn't matter. Millions of Christians love his book. My review is just a speck in his universe lol. Besides, he doesn't need to fix anything. He already did a lot of fixing.. At the end of the audio book, he talks a bit about his life and how the book came about. Childhood abuse.... I sympathize with his childhood pain (which is the background of the protagonist in the book).

I believe the flop to me is, he and 2 other guys finished the book. What they tried to do was Hollywood the book up. Hence, the bright colors, miracles, supernatural manifestations, angels shinning etc That was fixing things up in the book....what the hell was that all about? It was adjective after adjective....goddamn! Awful..

Fashion Yaa
6th February 2011, 03:33 AM
I laughed ahhh, you kill me with how frank you are.
Its like having a openminded discussion with Ann Coulter or Bill O'Riely they will never see things from your side so its just as well, I think you are right, this guy won't bend in his style ....which is sad for the Christian community.

It doesn't matter. Millions of Christians love his book. My review is just a speck in his universe lol. Besides, he doesn't need to fix anything. He already did a lot of fixing.. At the end of the audio book, he talks a bit about his life and how the book came about. Childhood abuse.... I sympathize with his childhood pain (which is the background of the protagonist in the book).

I believe the flop to me is, he and 2 other guys finished the book. What they tried to do was Hollywood the book up. Hence, the bright colors, miracles, supernatural manifestations, angels shinning etc That was fixing things up in the book....what the hell was that all about? It was adjective after adjective....goddamn! Awful..