PDA

View Full Version : Why do Christians refer to the Holy spirit as Holy Ghost?

Neo
13th March 2013, 03:34 PM
I don't get this one. Someone please explain this to me. You know how afraid we are of ghosts, so why call a holy thing a ghost (Osaman) ?

Q' lypse
20th March 2013, 08:09 AM
you are really looking for an answer for this? You will wait till

http://i45.tinypic.com/vfcjl5.jpg

you die finish

Neo
20th March 2013, 04:17 PM
lol, Qlypse you crack me up.

sonofaKing
11th April 2013, 12:34 AM
My opinion...........
I think it is just an issue of translation. A classic example may be how "Telephone" is translated into Twi. I know of one that I can translate directly as "talking line/rope" or the more popular one "lying line, fake line" or something like that. Sometimes in trying to explain something to a child or a non-English speaker I find myself using words that I expect the person to be familiar which may not necessarily be the right word or description. I won't be surprised describing spirit to somebody as something that is like a ghost.

CuTiEbABy
12th April 2013, 12:34 AM
you are really looking for an answer for this? You will wait till you die finish

hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

Kwame Nyame
11th May 2013, 11:18 AM
I don't get this one. Someone please explain this to me. You know how afraid we are of ghosts, so why call a holy thing a ghost (Osaman) ?

The Word is the essence of Life. The Word or creative energy emanates from God. It is the Divine Voice responsible for all creation.
This all creative energy or life force is the Voice of God.
It has two aspects. The Light and the Sound. These two aspects of the life force or creative energy may appear as a vision, angel,apparition,saint,saviour or master when they form a matrix.
Seeker of Truth throughout history have given names to these aspects of God depending on their race,creed,religion,culture or general level of awareness.
Christian theologians may have coined the phrase Holy Ghost based on their experiences with this twin aspects of the creative energy.
This creative energy gives life to all. It transcends creed,time,religion or culture.
It has many names HOLY SPIRIT,SHABDA,COMFORTER,VADAN, DHUN,HEAVENLY MUSIC,ECK,NADA,THE WORD,LOGOS,AKASH BANI, THE KING OF THE WAYS, ISM-I-AZAM,KALMA,SURAT SHABDA,KALAM-I-ILLAHI,SULTAN-UL-AZKAR and many many other names.
The creative energy can be seen as Light and heard as Sound.
Sometimes it can be seen as a brilliant white light,blue star or globe,yellowish dewdrops, sparkling stars and many many other shades and hues of colour. The Light may even come as an understanding,an aha! moment in a seeker's quest for truth.
The sound may be heard as thunder,roar of the sea,buzzing of bees,single note of a flute,heavenly music and many many forms.
Some want to believe this creative energy is the preserve or monopoly of their chosen religion. This is a limitation in understanding that divine love which is this life force transcends time,race,religion,creed or culture.
It doesn't matter whether you have a religion or not. People have had experiences with the Light and Sound of God. The brilliancy of the Light may not be as blinding as Paul's experience on the road to Damascus or as beautiful as the blue light Jung ( psychologist) experienced as a child.
You look back in your life and there was an experience you had with either the Light or Sound of God.
Some will experience the coming together of these two aspects in the rom of a ghost or a holy man in a vision or dream.
These experiences coming to you is the Call of Soul. Honestly,some may not see or hear any of these sounds but will realise that something within him is constantly trying to push him out of the nest. You want to find answers to questions rising from deep within you.
This too is experiencing the life force in a manner tailored for you.
Someone may be reading this and asking himself whether he has at anytime in life had experiences with this creative energy or Holy Spirit.
Well, have you ever had any of these.........?
A relationship that uplifts you
Dreaming of far- off yet wonderful places
Dreams that seemed real
Flying in your dreams
Guidances from departed loved ones,angels or spiritual guide
Hearing inner sounds
Coincidences and amazing connections
Sense of oneness
Intuition
Seeing inner lights
Out- of- body or near death experiences
Past- life memory
Deja Vu
Prophetic dream
All these religious or mystical experiences are all to do with aspects of divine spirit,life force,essence of God,holy spirit,holy ghost or whatever name you want to give to the creative life energy.
I'll end this little piece with a quote from my spiritual guide.

DISCOVER THE SOURCE OF ALL TRUTH.
"Learn to go inside yourself,because this is the source of all truth. There are lot of holy temples out here,but the most sacred of all is the temple inside you,because this is where you meet with the Holy Spirit,the Voice of God.
How do you meet with the Holy Spirit?
If you come from Christianity,you pray. You come to the holy temple,to the holy of holies,through prayer. You meet on holy ground with your God.
If you're a member of any other religion,you have a means of going to that holy of holies,whether its meditation or contemplation or prayer.
Go to the holy of holies. It's the temple inside you. This is the place where all truth comes from. Before there were words,before there was a written Bible or a printed Gutenberg Bible,before there was Luther's translation,there was the word in the the heart of mankind.this is the temple.Go there."
- Harold Klemp( ECKANKAR )