PDA

View Full Version : What To Do When an Ex Comes Back?

The Informer
9th March 2013, 09:34 PM
You broke up. Years passed, and both of you moved on. Occasionally a reminder pops up of the time spent together, but for the most part there's no contact.

Then, one day out of the blue, the ex says hi. Maybe you ran into each other on the street, he found you on Facebook, she sent you an email. They ask, "How are you doing?" and, "Maybe we could catch up sometime."

For many, fear sets in. Do I want to see this person? What could they possibly want? Is a reconciliation possible? Are they getting married? Do I really want to bring all those old feelings, memories, back up again?

It's a tough decision to meet with an ex, depending on how the relationship ended and how much time has passed since its demise. I've heard all sorts of stories:

High school sweethearts that haven't seen each other in 30 years, who meet again at a reunion and by the time dessert is served have already chosen their wedding date;
A couple breaks up because one has to move far away, just to find themselves next door neighbors in a completely different town four years later;
Two people share one great date but circumstances don't allow for another. Seven years later, one contacts the other on Facebook, asking for meet up number two.

When readers and clients ask me if they should either contact an ex or reply to contact from an ex, my answer depends on the nature of the relationship and how much time has elapsed. But the stories above prove that sometimes, the rules aren't worth following and connection has its own time line.

So what do you think? If an ex contacted you, would you reply? Is there an ex that you want to make contact with again? If you've had an ex contact you, or if you've already done the contacting, how did it go?

CuTiEbABy
15th March 2013, 12:56 AM
Its true, it depends on how and what caused the break-up that will make re-connecting an issue.

Have had an ex's contact me. On one occasion, he came back to say sorry for what he did even though he has moved on with a wife and kids, he had realized he had wronged me which had haunted him all these years.

The other, I had no control over, someone invited him to my church so we bumped into each other. We reconnected as friends and calls to check up on each other once in a while.

Dont think there is any of my ex's I want to go back to......

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
19th March 2013, 02:20 AM
an ex- coming back will only be for "jump off"purposes ONLY. Once the embers of love are quenched all that's left is purely for JUMP OFF. you dig ?

Fashion Yaa
23rd March 2013, 10:51 PM
an ex- coming back will only be for "jump off"purposes ONLY. Once the embers of love are quenched all that's left is purely for JUMP OFF. you dig ?
I'm Going through it

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
25th March 2013, 02:52 PM
I'm Going through it
Do tell i'm all ears lolol

Fashion Yaa
25th March 2013, 06:09 PM
Do tell i'm all ears lolol

I ended things with him because chemistry issues. But he convinced me we should talk and then it leads to making out....all but the do, for that I'm ok
But I know it wont lead nowhere

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
25th March 2013, 08:25 PM
I ended things with him because chemistry issues. But he convinced me we should talk and then it leads to making out....all but the do, for that I'm ok
But I know it wont lead nowhere

The making out can lead to "jump off" you know ? lololol

Fashion Yaa
28th March 2013, 07:58 AM
The making out can lead to "jump off" you know ? lololol

Hm, funny thing is I know it, its a zombie trance experience.

I'm seriously not sure how to cut him off, I've even told him my interest in dating other people but he is unperturbed ...he still ain't moving on

I think the fact that I'm his exact age gives him the will to stay, before me he dated cougars.