PDA

View Full Version : Droid DNA “Hyper Intelligence” Commercial and its Transhumanist Message

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
20th February 2013, 01:30 PM
This TV ad promoting Verizon’s Droid DNA phone is weird, cringe-worthy and also promotes something else: Transhumanism. Indeed, the ad does not only sell a smartphone. Not unlike movies and music videos, it normalizes the concept of “upgrading” humans by merging them with machines.

While most of us already entertain a somewhat unhealthy, dependent relationship with our cellphones, this ad makes things creepier by showing the device completely modifying the user’s body and genetic makeup. Yes, it is “only a commercial”, but all of the concepts behind it are real and will be available to a very rich and limited public very soon. Here’s the ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IYIAaBOb5Bo
The ad ends with a purely transhumanist slogan: “It’s not an upgrade to your phone, its an upgrade to yourself”. Yes. And then, if they don’t like you, they’ll just re-format your Quad-Core processor brain and re-install a better version of you. Go transhumanism!

So let me ask, ARE YOU DOWN WITH THIS ?

Q' lypse
20th February 2013, 04:14 PM
what tha fu.ck is going on?!!

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
20th February 2013, 07:26 PM
what tha fu.ck is going on?!!

transhumanization ma brutha sad but true and the "sheeple" can't see through the fog.
I caught another ad about a health center on the tube the other day-"eugenics" choose what color you want your baby to be,choose how tall,choose what shape nose etc... i just shook ma head and switched the channel to watch soccer...
BARBIE COMING ALIVE

Did you ever see the movie DEMOLITION MAN ?

Q' lypse
21st February 2013, 10:58 AM
transhumanization ma brutha sad but true and the "sheeple" can't see through the fog.
I caught another ad about a health center on the tube the other day-"eugenics" choose what color you want your baby to be,choose how tall,choose what shape nose etc... i just shook ma head and switched the channel to watch soccer...
BARBIE COMING ALIVE

Did you ever see the movie DEMOLITION MAN ?

yep. lol.. sex wasn't even sex

Quophi Aletse
25th February 2013, 05:49 PM
it seems we are being conditioned to move away from nature and be more focus on technology ..... technology is good and all but let us not forget nature ..... ground yourself in nature, talk walks through the meadows.... free your consciousness from the concrete jungle once in a while.... CULTIVATE A GARDEN!!!!! ......... lets balance ourselves.