PDA

View Full Version : Why do women stay in bad/abusive relationships

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
11th February 2013, 02:00 PM
your thoughts ?

Neo
11th February 2013, 09:56 PM
Rihanna and Chris Brown - Case in point. I think women eventually become addicted to the the pain of the relationship and crave for more. It morphs into pseudo-masochism turning every slap, punch, shove into pleasure.

Miss_3VA
11th February 2013, 10:35 PM
I think sometimes it depends on the situation. If a woman is financially dependent on a man it would be difficult for her to leave him if he is her sole provider and she has no where else to go, thats why some women may also choose to stay with a cheating spouse because of this reason. Another reason is maybe she may feel that all men are the same and his good parts outweigh the fact that he is beating her but then again some women just never learn their lesson until it's too late :-(

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
12th February 2013, 11:27 PM
I think sometimes it depends on the situation. If a woman is financially dependent on a man it would be difficult for her to leave him if he is her sole provider and she has no where else to go, thats why some women may also choose to stay with a cheating spouse because of this reason. Another reason is maybe she may feel that all men are the same and his good parts outweigh the fact that he is beating her but then again some women just never learn their lesson until it's too late :-(

I get a woman staying with a cheating bf but the beating is what i really can't wrap my brain around it.

Quophi Aletse
13th February 2013, 04:26 PM
there are many many many factors that contribute to the vicious cycle play some human participate in ...... looking at this from one angle, one factor can be addiction and looking at it from the material plane, the lymbic system in the brain(as addiction is not just on the material plane). You can be addicted to any thing from sex, drugs, to being a victim. Anything can provide a dopamine high to a person. People stay in abusive relationships because of their emotional and physiological addictions.

The human being will never do anything or entertain a situation that does not have an incentive at some level for him/herself.
Most of us are not aware of these levels that are not available to us consciously and the logical mind or conscious mind can indeed determine a situation or experience as not healthy and desirable for us to be in but it may well be that the programs running in the background(unconscious and subconscious) are more dominant in terms of energy than the rational thinking and overrules the rational thinking and keeps the person in the same situation or experience until there is a shift within that makes such experiences or situation no longer possible.

its is just a human being functioning properly ..... instill submissive and victim beliefs within ur mind and you will most likely attract such abusive situations and experiences ..... women and men both can experience abusive relationships and do experience abusive relationships but as we all know, the patriarchy agenda has instill beliefs of submissiveness and powerlessness in the psyche of women and the feminine for ages which manifests as more women(dominant divine feminine energy) as victims as compared to men(dominant divine masculine energy)

rise above it. transcend it. strive to share rather than need. be the cause and not the effect. dont need another to make u feel special or loved or whatever illusory dependencies you are creating but rather share your love and your divinity with all. only depend on the eternal for the eternal is what is dependable.

Bookworm
23rd February 2013, 05:27 PM
First of all, why must there even be an abusive relationship/situation for women to live in? Anyway, most women in abusive relationships are not only physically abused, they are also mentally exploited. Mostly, they are made to feel that if they step out, that will be the end of their life or any little benefits they have to their name in life. They continue to stay because they have been mentally imprisoned-falsely.