PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Refers To Mary As ‘My Wife’ In Ancient Script, Scholar Says

ajbabe
19th September 2012, 02:22 PM
BOSTON — A Harvard University professor has unveiled a fourth century fragment of papyrus that she says is the only existing ancient text that quotes Jesus explicitly referring to having a wife.

Karen King, an expert in the history of Christianity, says the text contains a dialogue in which Jesus refers to “my wife,” whom he identified as Mary. King says the fragment of Coptic script is a copy of a gospel, probably written in Greek in the second century.

King unveiled the fragment of the “Gospel of Jesus’s Wife” in Rome on Tuesday. She says it doesn’t prove Jesus was married but speaks to issues of family and marriage that faced Christians.

King says on a Harvard website that the dialogue includes the disciples discussing whether Mary is worthy and Jesus saying “she can be my disciple.”

newsone

Quophi Aletse
24th September 2012, 09:13 PM
ajbabe ...... are u reading the gnostic gospels or wetin???

Q' lypse
24th September 2012, 09:23 PM
BOSTON — A Harvard University professor has unveiled a fourth century fragment of papyrus that she says is the only existing ancient text that quotes Jesus explicitly referring to having a wife.

Karen King, an expert in the history of Christianity, says the text contains a dialogue in which Jesus refers to “my wife,” whom he identified as Mary. King says the fragment of Coptic script is a copy of a gospel, probably written in Greek in the second century.

King unveiled the fragment of the “Gospel of Jesus’s Wife” in Rome on Tuesday. She says it doesn’t prove Jesus was married but speaks to issues of family and marriage that faced Christians.

King says on a Harvard website that the dialogue includes the disciples discussing whether Mary is worthy and Jesus saying “she can be my disciple.”

newsone

this is the sh*t that has got some religious people rattled up, kai

ajbabe
24th September 2012, 09:44 PM
ajbabe ...... are u reading the gnostic gospels or wetin???

nop Q'A..just saw this n i tot i shd share..lol

Quophi Aletse
24th September 2012, 10:10 PM
nop Q'A..just saw this n i tot i shd share..lol

oh ic so what do u think about jesus marrying mary madelene ?? lolol

dimore
24th September 2012, 11:57 PM
I think we Christians has to start burning embassies for them to stop this bull ----... Do they think they are wise... i am even more wiser than all of them... What they mean is that Christ called Mary his Companion and in the olden days...companion meant wive... But i always say.... did the bible use companions for all married people from Abraham to Juda.... These guys don't actually know what they are saying... They forget that... they are even not bringing down Christianity but they are just letting us know that they are lyers... and that they don't even fear GOD Almighty... for the bible says thou shall not remove or add... but yet they Left somethings for us... and they are trying to say... even people closer to that generation couldn't see the meaning of the words or are they trying to say the bible was compiled by liers... or better still they want to say christianity is a Lie... oh God... Lack of knowledge my people perish... It shall never be well with them for the bible says... if you sin against the son of man... it shall be forgiven, but if you sin against the spirit... you will never be forgiven.... let he who has ears listen to what the spirit says to the church

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
25th September 2012, 12:09 AM
which is more important; Jesus' Message of love, forgiveness,peace etc or Jesus referring to Mary as His Wifey as stated by that Harvard prof ? smh

Quophi Aletse
25th September 2012, 12:11 AM
which is more important; Jesus' Message of love, forgiveness,peace etc or Jesus referring to Mary as His Wifey as stated by that Harvard prof ? smh

excellent question pope ....... it seems that christians are more concerned about the image of jesus rather than understanding and living the message that came through him.

Q' lypse
25th September 2012, 06:57 AM
excellent question pope ....... it seems that christians are more concerned about the image of jesus rather than understanding and living the message that came through him.

http://i45.tinypic.com/jzekvo.jpg

Q' lypse
25th September 2012, 06:58 AM

the whole thing is a soap opera. Like in Obama's case, I'm busy fixing the economy, no says some America people, want to see your birth certificate. smfh!!

Q' lypse
25th September 2012, 07:04 AM
It shall never be well with them for the bible says... if you sin against the son of man... whats SIN has been sinned against the SON OF MAN here? Marriage? Is that a SIN?

And what is wrong with a human being (SON OF MAN, meaning he's born of man, no?) getting married?

it shall be forgiven, but if you sin against the spirit... you will never be forgiven....
So what is the point of all the noise Jesus made about forgiveness? If he and his father, (apparently 'spirits') can't forgive one because this person pissed 'them' (SPIRITS) then the message has gone to the dogs and holds no value.

care to explain what you've written and answer the questions I asked?