PDA

View Full Version : I Want To Call Off My Wedding...

ajbabe
18th September 2012, 03:56 PM
My name is Stella, and I'm about to get married this December. But right now am not sure anymore and I feel like I can't go ahead with it, what should I do?

Ayotunde (my fiancé) is a very kind, loving and generous man. We've been dating for almost 2 years now. But lately, since Ayo proposed to me 3 months ago, a lot of things have changed with me. Please do not j
udge me or anything, just read my story and advice me...."I want to call off my wedding."

Ayotunde and I have been living together since the day we did our mini engagement and introduction barely 2 months ago, and living together has been great, although we have had some differences about cooking, cleaning etc. However, we always find a way around it and everyone is happy. I'm fickle, I always have been. Ayo is very nice to me, fixes things in the house when I ask him to, treats me well and is very devoted to me. He is not as social as I am, though, and I've accepted that we don't have very much in common, but we get along just fine. I tend to go out by myself a lot or with friends because I like to be around people while he would rather sit at home — I've always made it a point to invite him though, but he would ask me to go and have fun etc.

I decided to visit a Gynaecologist just to make sure everything is fine with me before the wedding and, that's where I met this guy who works there, Dr Smart. He shares all of my interests, we have a ridiculous amount of things in common, share a lot of the same beliefs and values, and we never seem to run out of things to talk about. It's gotten to the point where I'll spend entire afternoons just hanging around with him while I tell Ayo I'm visiting friends or going to my Gynea and we're going out to dinner tonight with two of his other friends. We like all of the same things and he's very social and very comfortable to be around, very easy to talk to and I feel like he understands me better than the person I live with.

I feel completely dishonest because I can't bring myself to tell him (Dr Smart) that I'm living with someone and I'm hiding this friendship from the guy I'm with because I know there's more to it than a friendship. I don't want to act on impulse, but I really feel like I've met my match here, I just don't know what I'm supposed to do. I care about my fiancé, he's a great guy, I do love him, but I can't help feeling like Dr Smart might be exactly what I'm looking for in a partner.

Have you ever called off a wedding or known friends who have? Please share your thoughts.

Credit - Nigerian Weddings

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
18th September 2012, 10:34 PM
Ok Stella call off already..

Makinza
8th February 2013, 10:46 AM
If you think its right for you in future .You should do that . But before doing some think think about it what you going to do .

Mr.X
26th May 2013, 11:07 PM
This is a very tricky situation but u have to follow ur heart if thats what u want think about it long and hard before u make your move cos
for all u know, this could be nothing more than cold feet and it has nothing to do with u not loving the guy anymore. It could simply mean that
u r just not ready to get tied down yet. Like somebody said, every love affair goes thru phases......but what do you mean by the passion isnt there anymore?
What do u expect to be happening that isnt happening?