PDA

View Full Version : Ghana Football Association To Investigate Kingson Bribery Claim

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
13th September 2012, 07:16 PM
The Ghana Football Association will soon be set up a committee to investigate the bribery allegations made by former Ghana goalkeeper Richard Kingson. The hierarchy of the FA has not taken the bribery case lightly at all and will delve into the case in the coming days, Footy Ghana reports.

Kingson made the revelation at the Synagogue Church of All Nations in Nigeria at the weekend, where he claimed that he rejected a $300,000 bribe to throw Ghana’s 2006 World Cup match against the Czech Republic. Ghana won that game 2-0. "I got confused weighing the options of getting richer by $300,000 after that match, whereas all that I would get in the event of a Ghana victory would be much less - just $3000," the goalie told Emmanuel TV, the church's broadcast arm.

According to Kingson, his wife was the biggest influence in his refusal of the offer. "But my wife said, 'Richard, I love you not because of your money, so don't get tempted by this offer to lose your dignity and credibility." Kingson was eventually rated one of the top three goalkeepers in that Germany 2006 World Cup and eventually, Ghana won the game 2-0 thanks to goals from Asamoah Gyan and Sulley Muntari.

Testimony

Richard Kingson was at the SCOAN with his wife of 15 years to thank God and the Bishop for a recent deliverance. The former Black Stars goalkeeper recently took to social networking site Facebook to dismiss rumours that his wife is a witch.

He wrote on his Facebook wall: "My wife is not a witch."

Richard Kingson and his wife have been in the news this week for all the bad reasons. It is alleged that the wife of Kingson, Adelaide Tawiah, confessed to controversial pastor TB Joshua that she bewitched her husband, putting his career in disarray and making him impotent.

In a shocking television confession which has allegedly put the entire family in total confusion, Richard Kingston’s wife confessed on Emmanuel TV at The Synagogue Church in Nigeria that she has messed up his life since they got married two years ago.

supersport.com