PDA

View Full Version : Brother Ali's New Realease:" Mourning In America"

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
6th September 2012, 05:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dKHsGh-y8d8#!

Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color. The first half of the album highlights and critiques the dire situation in which we live. The second half outlines the tremendous opportunity we have to re-imagine and reform our society. This song is an observation and a critique of our culture of death and murder. From actual war zones around the world to our own inner cities where this summer's death rates rival war zones. I also address our national hypocrisy regarding violence. We have a zero tolerance policy of violence committed against us, but we're a lot more lenient and patient when it comes to the violence we commit. "A life is a life and a killer is a killer". -Brother Ali

-----------------------

What are your thoughts about this politically charged piece of art ?

Fashion Yaa
7th September 2012, 10:56 AM
Well i see he took a tip from BAD GIRLS DO IT WELL video using hijab wearing dancers, kudos on the deepness.

I think its true we get so amped to fight wars to end evil but fail to realize we ourselves use tactics of evil to shut down evil(makes us so hypocritical).

MegaMeister
7th September 2012, 07:12 PM
The distorted national anthem from the beginning says a lot about the US and it's ideals. All murder murder murder kill kill kill that's all we are being force fed these days.The imagery is on a different level.

Good job Bro. Ali

Fashion Yaa
1st October 2012, 07:47 PM
I heard an interview of this rapper on NPR and was sooooo blindsided
!converted to Islam at 15
!spent a month in Mecca
!lauds Black is Beautiful era for teaching him to love his albinoNess