yeah, why Kwame?
I asked 1st. lol

Q' lypse
27th August 2012, 09:17 AM
I asked 1st. lol

because you have something on your mind abi? get it out there loool

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
27th August 2012, 10:14 AM
From a psychoanalytic perspective we dream in order for our repressed/unexpressed consciousness to be expressed.

Neo
27th August 2012, 02:44 PM
Dreams are just mental re-evocations of a day's happenings according to Freud. Our hallelujah brother's and sisters may beg to differ. Visual messages from a supreme being above, perhaps?

Kwame Nyame
27th August 2012, 04:43 PM
An analogy is made that man in his physical existence is like a boat on a sea. The whole body of water and the entire sky above may be seen as the dream world.
There are six planes of existence. Each of these planes correspond to a part of you. There is the human level represented by the boat in the analogy above.
The other five planes of existence are the astral or emotional world,the causal or memory world of existence,the mind or mental world,the upper mind or subconscious world and the spiritual levels.
Dreams have meaning at these levels.
Each is these planes deal with a part of you and each of our dreams comes from one of these areas.
If this is so,why is dream study so ignored today?

"Dreaming comes from the creative imagination,which is God's gift to you and me.
It is the nature of immortal Soul to dream.This is why your dreams,both in everyday life and while asleep,are so important."
-Harold Klemp(Dream Master).

Qlypse is right by saying I have something in mind for asking why we dream.
I asked this because I'm wondering why talk and study of dreams have been ignored or relegated in today's religions and spiritual paths apart from probably ECKANKAR. I stand corrected.

MegaMeister
27th August 2012, 06:08 PM
Where there is no dream there is no vision. We dream to have a peek into the future and also to live our fantasies.

Kwame Nyame
27th August 2012, 07:05 PM
Where there is no dream there is no vision. We dream to have a peek into the future and also to live our fantasies.
If you o by the analogy of the boat(physical or human state of consciousness) and the vast sea and sky(dream world),you can conveniently say ignorance is bliss.
I'm talking about accepting the only the human state as real and the dream state unreal.
Soul is multi dimensional. It lives simultaneously in all worlds. The realisation of this is another matter.
The memory of Soul's activities in the inner worlds are what we call dreams.
Not remembering dreams doesn't make dreams unreal.
Megameister,I like your point about "peeking into the future. Soul can do that.Time is an illusion; not that it is unreal but that it is not as our minds make us see it.
The world of dreams are as solid as our human state of existence.
Why has such an important spiritual tool been ignored or relegated today. Shouldn't dreams be taught and greater and more serious emphasis put on it?
I am almost certain the only spiritual path on earth that has made dream teachings and dream study one of the central pillars of It's teachings is ECKANKAR.

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
27th August 2012, 09:11 PM
Shouldn't dreams be taught and greater and more serious emphasis put on it?

How can you teach a someone to dream ? Or did you mean to teach people about the essence of dreams ?

Well if you meant teaching people how to have lucid dreams then i get it. If not can you please elucidate on teaching one how to dream ?

Kwame Nyame
27th August 2012, 10:07 PM
"Dreams: A Source of Inner Truth

Dreams touch every level of our life. They may let us glimpse the future, or give suggestions for healing, or share insights into our relationships. Above all, they can and will steer us more directly toward God.
—Harold Klemp,
The Art of Spiritual Dreaming

Awaken to Your Dreams
Do you ever wake from a dream unable to quite remember where you were? Then an image may gently float in, or something sparks your memory. Suddenly you recall a scene as real as the world in front of you.

Dreams are windows into worlds beyond the ordinary. Some people have dreams that give them guidance about the smallest details of their daily life along with profound spiritual insights. Others experience unconditional and transforming love in their dreams.

For example, a woman from the Midwest found such love in her dreams after her mother died. The woman asked Divine Spirit for help with her grief. In a series of dreams, she met with her mother. As they visited together, the daughter was filled with the love they have for each other. These dreams helped the woman deal with her sorrow.

Spiritual Insight from Dreams
Eckankar, Religion of the Light and Sound of God, can teach you how to look at your life and your dreams from a spiritual perspective. Working with your dreams from this viewpoint can help you handle daily challenges and learn from them. The understanding you gain can bring you more patience, compassion, and love. Dreams can also give you the courage to recognize and pursue your divine purpose in life.

Here are two stories from people who received spiritual guidance and insight from their dreams:

Dreaming on the Job
Kicking the Cigarette Habit
Dreams Are Real
A European doctor and member of Eckankar often visited a healing temple in his dreams.

One day he was speaking with another member of Eckankar who is an artist. As the doctor looked at one of the artist's paintings, he recognized a scene. It was a terrace garden from the same healing temple he visited in his dreams.

Such Temples of Golden Wisdom are found on the many levels of existence. Members of Eckankar often visit these temples for learning, inspiration, and spiritual healing.

A Guide to Your Universe of Dreams
To understand the true nature of dreams, members of Eckankar receive direction and help from Sri Harold Klemp, the spiritual leader of Eckankar. His job is to teach people how to walk their own path home to God.

As the Living ECK Master, he is the outer teacher who writes many books, discourses, and articles about Eckankar. As the Mahanta, the inner teacher, he is also the Dream Master. He offers personal guidance through dreams and the inner teachings of ECK. If invited, the Mahanta can guide you through uncharted worlds to self-mastery.

Here is one person's story about an experience with the Dream Master:

Dream Healing
A Dream Exercise
Dreams are an easy and natural way to pursue spiritual unfoldment. Here is an exercise you can try before you go to sleep. It can help you see your problems from a higher viewpoint to aid you in your life.

Make a request. Before you go to sleep, write down a question about a problem that bothers you. Ask the Dream Master or your own spiritual teacher for guidance on this question. Lie down, and close your eyes.

Sing HU. Softly sing HU (pronounced like the word hue) for about five minutes. HU is an ancient name for God. It has the unique ability to lift you into a higher state of awareness. Singing HU connects you with Divine Spirit, or ECK, which can be seen as an inner light or heard as sound.

Write down your experiences. When you wake up in the morning, write down any dreams, thoughts, or feelings, even if you don't think they are significant. As you go through your day, write down any new thoughts or experiences that relate to your problem. Do this for three to five days. Then look over your notes. You may discover that images you first thought were unrelated now make sense and give you clues to the overall pattern of your life.

A Tip on Working with Your Dreams
Keeping a Dream Book
The first rule for keeping a dream book is to keep it simple. Trying to put complex scenes and ideas into words can be a daunting task. A dream may have so many details that a dreamer could well lose sight of its key points.

To overcome this potential trap, write the dream out in simple, everyday language. Then put it aside. At the end of a month, note the inner experiences that stand out from the rest. Condense these. Make believe you are an editor for Reader's Digest.

—From Past Lives, Dreams, and
Soul Travel by Harold Klemp

For more spiritual techniques, go to Tips and Techniques for Dream Study.

For Another Spiritual Step
You can explore the vast worlds of Divine Spirit through membership in Eckankar. The wisdom and knowledge you find are like seeds planted in your heart. They can grow into greater love and insight in your daily life.

One key to this spiritual growth is the unique study of dreams in Eckankar. Members of Eckankar study monthly spiritual lessons known as ECK discourses. Two of the first few years of ECK discourses focus on dreams.

Through your ECK membership, you can study these discourses at home. Many areas also offer spiritual study classes for ECK members and ECK book discussions for members and the public.

Through Eckankar membership and the guidance of the Dream Master, you can become more aware of yourself as Soul, a spark of God.

The study of dreams in ECK can make you aware of all that you ever were, are, or could hope to be in this lifetime."
www.eckankar.org

Kwame Nyame
27th August 2012, 10:36 PM
How can you teach a someone to dream ? Or did you mean to teach people about the essence of dreams ?

Well if you meant teaching people how to have lucid dreams then i get it. If not can you please elucidate on teaching one how to dream ?
Some of the spiritual benefits of ECK membership is taking an advanced Study of Dreams. Monthly discourses are sent to you. About two years are largely devoted to dream teaching. The Dream Master has the spiritual authority to meet you in the dream state and teach you about th spiritual art of dreaming.
You receive guidance through letters,discourses,books and more importantly tailor made direct personal guidance through spiritual techniques and spiritual guidance.
It is. One to one tuition or guidance. It doesn't matter if he has 100 students or a million students. The inner self of the Living ECK Master comes to take his students to explore the inner worlds.
This is what I meant by dream teachings.
I posted more info on dreams earlier. I hope that answers a few of your questions.

Kwame Nyame
1st September 2012, 08:25 AM
A Dream Gift

A Dream of a Past Life Brings a Lesson in Karma and Reincarnation
By AE

Karma and reincarnation are two important aspects of the teachings of Eckankar. But I was having difficulty in accepting both of these spiritual principles. I had my doubts about them and wondered how they worked.

Then I got married. My wife and I shared a warm and deep love and were very happy. We wanted to start a family. But after many years of marriage, we remained childless.

This became a real problem for us. Over time, our relationship grew strained. We quarreled and fought constantly, and we couldn't agree on anything. After our arguments, my wife would cry for hours. I knew the underlying reason for all this fighting was really about our childless situation.

Finally I decided to ask the Mahanta, my inner spiritual guide, to help me understand why we were unable to start a family. Then I waited for an answer.

For three years, I didn't receive a reply. I began to wonder if the marriage was a mistake. Finally, I told myself that if I didn't have an answer by the end of the year, I'd have no choice but to end our marriage.

Shortly after that, I had a dream.

I am a king. Powerful and feared, I order people killed at the slightest provocation. I also have several wives, some of them stolen from other men.

One day, my men steal a female trader from a distant village from her husband, and I make her my wife. (I recognize her as my wife in my present life.) She stays with me in the palace for three years, then she escapes.

Furious, I declare war against her husband's people. During the fighting, her husband is killed, and my wife is returned to my palace.

But our relationship is loveless. There is no peace or harmony for either of us, and she vows never to have any children.

When I awoke from the dream, I knew the cause of our problem. My doubts about karma and reincarnation were gone. I realized my wife and I had been together before in a past life. Now we had come back into this lifetime to work off that karma.

My attitude and behavior toward my wife changed dramatically. I was more understanding and compassionate, and our relationship again grew in love.

Shortly after the dream, my wife became pregnant. When our lovely baby girl was born, we named her Ikponmwosa, which means "Thanks to God."

This experience taught me important lessons.

I learned that the problems we have in this life may come from a past life. When we are ready, the Mahanta is always willing to help us see how our actions created our present circumstances.

I also learned that Soul can never die. It lives forever. Reincarnation and karma are gifts that help Soul gain in experience so It has a greater capacity for divine love.

Excerpted from the 2010 Eckankar Journal, copyright 2009 ECKANKAR. All rights reserved.