PDA

View Full Version : The Silent Epidemic of Vitamin D Deficiency.

Angella
11th August 2012, 12:51 AM
Medical experts will tell you over 70 percent of all Americans are deficient in vitamin D (and I'm convinced the number is really much higher than that).

That means you, your family, your friends, co-workers, and even the people you're in line with at the grocery store are at serious risk for a whole host of chronic and debilitating illnesses. Why? Because you're not getting enough vitamin D.

The growing health problem of vitamin D deficiency is considered a Silent Epidemic for a very good reason -- most people aren't aware it even exists.

And as research continues in this area of concern, the list of diseases potentially caused by this epidemic continues to grow and grow.

Diseases like osteoporosis, osteomalacia (the adult form of rickets), some cancers, and even Alzheimer's disease.

I could go on and on but there simply isn't enough room here for all I have to tell you.

I know what you're probably thinking -- "But they put vitamin D in milk for extra 'fortification' against things like rickets and weak bones, don't they?"

That may be true, but what they haven't told you is this is NOT the best form of vitamin D for your body to use…

Something you may not be aware of is that different forms of vitamin D exist, yet only one is available to your body naturally. And another interesting bit of information you might not know is that where you live in the world can determine whether or not you're getting enough vitamin D.

And the saddest truth of all is that there is absolutely no reason in the world anyone should suffer from a lack of vitamin D -- when the remedy is as simple as spending just a little time outdoors

source - Dr Mercola