PDA

View Full Version : If there is a God, why does he allow suffering?

Neo
5th August 2012, 03:04 PM
Please no booklong, just simple explanation. Why?

Quophi Aletse
5th August 2012, 05:25 PM
Please no booklong, just simple explanation. Why?

the absence of suffering means that the experience of not suffering is not possible........ same with love and fear ...... the absence or non existence of fear means that the experience of love is not possible......

with that said we in illusion called physical reality choose whether to suffer or not suffer, fear or love, etc etc etc at the conscious, unconscious, super consciousness levels for specific and purposeful reasons according to our dominant agendas.

Kwame Nyame
6th August 2012, 08:23 AM
the absence of suffering means that the experience of not suffering is not possible........ same with love and fear ...... the absence or non existence of fear means that the experience of love is not possible......

with that said we in illusion called physical reality choose whether to suffer or not suffer, fear or love, etc etc etc at the conscious, unconscious, super consciousness levels for specific and purposeful reasons according to our dominant agendas.

Good point Quophi. We live down here in a world of duality. There cannot be mountains without valley; there cannot be joy without sadness. This was made so for Soul's training.
I remember my sister taking me to boarding house and getting bullied on arrival. When she left,I felt alone,afraid and homesick. I strongly believed my parents hated me. If they loved me,why would they allow me to go through such suffering?
Going to sec. started me on the road to becoming a responsible adult taking my rightful place in society.
If God designed earth as a botanical garden or theme park,Soul will learn nothing. Supreme deity in lt's infinite love mercy and wisdom created this schoolroom more as a military academy for Soul's education.
Like a child attending school to become a responsible adult in society,Soul through the challenges and trials of living will eventually become a coworker with God. This is Soul's purpose in life.....to become useful or a divine purpose eventually.
If you want to find out 1st hand why there is suffering if there is God, do a simple spiritual exercise before bedtime tonight. Find a quite place where you will not be disturbed. Sit with back erect or lie in bed(basically get comfortable). Gentle put your attention on the spiritual eye that is the spot at the bridge of the nose between your eyebrows.
At first don't try to see anything. To help in concentration,you can put the image of your,master,saviour,teacher or any saint you revere.
Take a few deep breathes; and on the outgoing breathe,sing HU ( pronounced hue) in a long drawn out Huuuuuuuuu. Sing HU for 20 minutes daily. It is the most beautiful prayer.
HU is a love song to God. It is a sacred and ancient name for God. It is a most powerful word that can open one's heart to divine love and miracles.
A saint or angel will come and explain to you why there is suffering if God exist.
Anyone who wants to take an advance step in spirituality can start singing HU today. HU is for the world. HU is not for any creed,path or religion. This sound created the worlds.lt comes out of the very heart of God. It links all Souls to divine love.
Sing HU with a loving heart and you will start having personal experiences with the Light and Sound of God in a matter of days or weeks.
You can have your very own road to Damascus moment.
www.hearhu.org

Q' lypse
6th August 2012, 06:06 PM
The question here is, 'if there is a God, why does God allow suffering'.

My first question to you Neo is, what does the word God mean to you for you?

Neo
8th August 2012, 11:57 AM
Bro Qlypse,

I will try my best. I meant God in the biblical sense. For those who see God as a supreme being, maker of all things, alpha and omega, omnipotent, omnipresent, everlasting, ubiquitous, self sufficient and self existent being or spirit.

So purely for those who believe is such a God.

Kwame Nyame
9th August 2012, 05:10 PM
I do not know why the question about God allowing suffering puzzles some of us.
Within the psychic and material worlds the Law of Opposites exist.
How can there be mountains without valleys?
How can there be perception of light without shadows?
How can there be such thing as evil unless it's compared to good.
How can there be wisdom if there is no ignorance?
How can there be age without youth?
The Law of Opposites is also known as the Law of Polarity.
You can use this law to your benefit but you must first know this law and it's workings.
If you agree or understand that God is all powerful;all presence and all wise,why doubt that nothing can exist without God.
Even The Universal Mind Power or The Negative Force sometimes personified as Satan of The Devil exist because God has allowed it.
These Lower World are created this way for a divine purpose.These are training grounds for Soul. Soul is a spark of God sent below to these mansions of God for purification through trials and tribulation.
Eventually each Soul will graduate and become useful for a divine purpose.
Our purpose on earth is to become Coworkers of God.

Q' lypse
12th August 2012, 08:26 AM
Bro Qlypse,

I will try my best. I meant God in the biblical sense. For those who see God as a supreme being, maker of all things, alpha and omega, omnipotent, omnipresent, everlasting, ubiquitous, self sufficient and self existent being or spirit.

So purely for those who believe is such a God.

yeah, that is where all the problems are. Belief in such a god or what GOD is only brings contradictions and many more question, because sh*t don't make sense.

Q' lypse
12th August 2012, 09:18 AM
I do not know why the question about God allowing suffering puzzles some of us.
Within the psychic and material worlds the Law of Opposites exist.
How can there be mountains without valleys?
How can there be perception of light without shadows?
How can there be such thing as evil unless it's compared to good.
How can there be wisdom if there is no ignorance?
How can there be age without youth?
The Law of Opposites is also known as the Law of Polarity.

But Kwame, the popular holy books of today don't describe GOD (or do they?) as what you've written above. Its all about supreme powers and keeping the drama and adventure of Jack and Killer going you know.

If you agree or understand that God is all powerful;all presence and all wise,why doubt that nothing can exist without God.
It still puzzles me how GOD is said to be omnipresent yet people still don't get this and wanna separate GOD. But I don't blame them. I just did a quick search on the word omnipresence in the bible and interesting enough, there is no where in the bible that it says GOD is omnipresent, BUT, there are verses that suggest so and there are verses that say God abodes in heaven. Chalay the bible paa,,

Job 1 verse 6
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Psalm 2:4

He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision.

Then there is.....this

Psalm 139 verses 7-8

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

But the question is, in order to be all powerful, you must be omnipresent, right? Yet there is verse in the bible that goes like this....” And the Lord was with Judah; and he drove out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.” (Judges 1:19).

What the hell is going on here? Confusion no ay3 basaa!!!

There is more but I want us to stick to this for now.

Chalay 3y3 Sunday enti lets make this thread a sunday church paa.. What say u?

But in Hindu texts, GOD dwells in everything... This I think many Christians oppose paa, eny3 easy oo..

The vedas are full of these principles and the essence of this philosophy is taught by Lord Krishna in Bhagavad -Gita .
" He who sees me everywhere
and sees everything in me
will not be lost to me
and I will not be lost to him." (verse 30 of chapter 6.)

"I exist in all creatures,
so the disciplined man devoted to me
grasps the oneness of life,
wherever he is, he is in me " (verse 31 of chapter 6)

Quophi Aletse
12th August 2012, 08:49 PM
But Kwame, the popular holy books of today don't describe GOD (or do they?) as what you've written above. Its all about supreme powers and keeping the drama and adventure of Jack and Killer going you know.

It still puzzles me how GOD is said to be omnipresent yet people still don't get this and wanna separate GOD. But I don't blame them. I just did a quick search on the word omnipresence in the bible and interesting enough, there is no where in the bible that it says GOD is omnipresent, BUT, there are verses that suggest so and there are verses that say God abodes in heaven. Chalay the bible paa,,

Job 1 verse 6
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Psalm 2:4

He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision.

Then there is.....this

Psalm 139 verses 7-8

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

But the question is, in order to be all powerful, you must be omnipresent, right? Yet there is verse in the bible that goes like this.... And the Lord was with Judah; and he drove out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron. (Judges 1:19).

What the hell is going on here? Confusion no ay3 basaa!!!

There is more but I want us to stick to this for now.

Chalay 3y3 Sunday enti lets make this thread a sunday church paa.. What say u?

But in Hindu texts, GOD dwells in everything... This I think many Christians oppose paa, eny3 easy oo..

The vedas are full of these principles and the essence of this philosophy is taught by Lord Krishna in Bhagavad -Gita .
" He who sees me everywhere
and sees everything in me
will not be lost to me
and I will not be lost to him." (verse 30 of chapter 6.)

"I exist in all creatures,
so the disciplined man devoted to me
grasps the oneness of life,
wherever he is, he is in me " (verse 31 of chapter 6)

lololololololololololololololol ......

Q' lypse
12th August 2012, 10:18 PM
na brother minister quophi meboa anaa?

Neo
13th August 2012, 01:19 AM

This boy paa. Even the idea of a God is causing problems, now you wanna put God in everything? Wey life this. Confusion no beye basaa. So are you saying god dwells in my Computer mobile phone?

Quophi Aletse
13th August 2012, 02:17 AM
This boy paa. Even the idea of a God is causing problems, now you wanna put God in everything? Wey life this. Confusion no beye basaa. So are you saying god dwells in my Computer mobile phone?

lololololololololololololololololololol .......

Quophi Aletse
13th August 2012, 02:17 AM
na brother minister quophi meboa anaa?

u talk true IMO masa .... lol

Q' lypse
13th August 2012, 09:19 AM

hahahaha, GOD is the atoms that make all the components of the computer and the cell phone. loool

Q' lypse
13th August 2012, 12:04 PM
In the gospel of Thomas, Jesus said, Split a piece of wood... and I am there, lift a stone... and you will find me.

In Matthew 10:29 But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. (now why is this? Because the All, the absolute is the bird and the ground)..

The great spiritual teacher Krisnhamurti said, I thought i was an atheist until I realized that I am GOD.

Psalm 46:10 Be Still and know that I am GOD.

ie In meditation, still the mind (get rid of all those thoughts), and you will know that YOU ARE GOD!

This is the oneness that the sages have been talking about for centuries.

When Jesus said love your neighbour as yourself, looking at it deeply, you see that, loving another as 'YOURSELF', there is no other, that the other is YOURSELF.

It is all written in there, you just have to look..

Q' lypse
13th August 2012, 12:06 PM
ah ah ah, osofo die paa, cheeei, enka me y3 osofo paa. oh oh oh

Quophi Aletse
13th August 2012, 07:26 PM
ah ah ah, osofo die paa, cheeei, enka me y3 osofo paa. oh oh oh

lololololol ....... paassita oo paassita ....... lololol

MegaMeister
13th August 2012, 09:42 PM

Waiting for an answer for the bold text. asem ooooo hahahahahaha

Q' lypse
13th August 2012, 10:23 PM
Waiting for an answer for the bold text. asem ooooo hahahahahaha
u didn't see the ans above?

MegaMeister
14th August 2012, 05:24 AM
u didn't see the ans above?

I just did. Then there must be atom worshipers then. Though I am yet to read about the church of Atom aka the Atomers or is there the church of cellphone out there ?matter oo hahahaha

Q' lypse
14th August 2012, 09:19 AM
I just did. Then there must be atom worshipers then. Though I am yet to read about the church of Atom aka the Atomers or is there the church of cellphone out there ?matter oo hahahaha

hahahah, but who demands worship? that is the question. why does the word GOD always synonymous with worship? what is worship?