View Full Version : Man Killed Over 2 Tots ‘Akpeteshie’

22nd July 2012, 01:54 AM
The refusal of a man to pay for two tots of ‘Akpeteshie’ has resulted in the death of his step-son.

It all started when Kwesi Badu went to John Okyere’s Spot, at Sunkwaa in the Abura-Asebu-Kwamankese District of the Central region last Sunday, and bought the local gin but refused to pay for it after consuming it.


Badu, according to the police, ordered for two additional tots of the gin but Okyere refused, and asked him to settle his earlier debt.
This resulted in an exchange of words between them, Badu then went home and informed his step-son, Kofi Dominase, who rushed to the spot to confront Okyere.

Dominase threatened Okyere with a knife, and Okyere also went for a broken bottle and stabbed him in the neck, resulting in him bleeding to death.

Okyere was arrested and arrainged before a Cape Coast magistrate’s court yesterday for murder.
His plea was not taken and the case was adjourned to Thursday, August 2.

Prosecuting, Chief Inspector Osafo Khanin told the court, presided over by Mrs. Mercy Adei Kortey, that at about 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 15, Badu went to the bar to buy two tots of local gin but refused to pay for the drink.

He said after a while, Badu went back and ordered for another two tots of the gin, but the operator refused to sell the drink to him and asked him to settle the previous debt.

This generated into a quarrel leading to an exchange of insults.
He said Okyere verbally assaulted Badu so badly that he went home to inform his step son, Dominase, who followed him to the drinking spot, armed with a knife, and asked the accused to face them if he was truly a man.

Chief Inspector Osarfo said Dominase pulled out the knife and threatened to kill Okyere, who also entered his store and grabbed a Guinness bottle.

He said as Dominase attacked Okyere with the knife the accused in return broke the Guinness bottle and stabbed him in the neck, and he bled to death.

He said the police had a tip-off that someone had been killed at Sunkwaa and rushed to the scene, only to find Dominase’s body on the ground.

They took the corpse to the Abura Dunkwa Hospital, and arrested Okyere.

He said police investigations were on-going and the autopsy was yet to be performed.

The docket has been forwarded to the Attorney-General’s office for advice.

Source: The Ghanaian Times